40409 - Hot Rod

TheOrcKing

38 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

its neat. hell of a lot cooler than that shitty polybag VIP's got for the Haunted House. 

Had I known it (polybag)was going to put a couple dents in the back of my otherwise 100% Haunted House box I would have paid Lego to keep it.

This GWP is ok, glad its a box and I like mechanic fig , I'm sure there is a few sets worth getting to flip.

48 minutes ago, scurt1s said:

I like it, Would be nice if we could get chromed pieces back though

If they start doing Hot rods more you'd think they have to bring chrome back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Belac said:

Had I known it (polybag)was going to put a couple dents in the back of my otherwise 100% Haunted House box I would have paid Lego to keep it.

This GWP is ok, glad its a box and I like mechanic fig , I'm sure there is a few sets worth getting to flip.

If they start doing Hot rods more you'd think they have to bring chrome back.

If they didn't bring chrome back for the Harley...it ain't coming back any time soon

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Yea did that come out already? That was much better than this hot rod. 

Here’s the info I could find with a quick search. Not sure if the date has been determined for release yet.  
As a SC collector, lots of 6 wide builds between the ideas gwp, this and Cars in City 2020.  Proving the demand for a 6 wide to cruise the modular Streets is there. Makes me even more curious why they would make that switch to 8wide? Anyways I digress.

with all the out of stock and back order, the problem will be to find a set for the thresh hold. 

EC1FB498-C369-4577-B5F8-9967FC0A1E4E.jpeg

AC1610FF-2997-41F1-9843-4AE9B6D32C6F.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Here’s the info I could find with a quick search. Not sure if the date has been determined for release yet.  
As a SC collector, lots of 6 wide builds between the ideas gwp, this and Cars in City 2020.  Proving the demand for a 6 wide to cruise the modular Streets is there. Makes me even more curious why they would make that switch to 8wide? Anyways I digress.

with all the out of stock and back order, the problem will be to find a set for the thresh hold. 

AC1610FF-2997-41F1-9843-4AE9B6D32C6F.jpeg

this one looks a lot better, good I have a friends who does the custom chrome.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Yeah, that's my point.  It seems like over the past year what used to be $50 and $75 thresholds is now $75 - $99.

Actually, the June 2017 GWP was also for $99 purchase.  So technically, this year the June GWP has lower threshold than the previous 2 years

• Like 1

Do they have a BL store? Asking for a friend...

I don’t think he does. Also I don’t know if BL allows selling custom chrome parts as it’s part of LEGO now. Anyway, here is a work example of what he did to the 10269

c39768fbb468d7f04d99bb4d13d4e911.jpg
  • Like 1