42115 - Lamborghini Sián FKP 37

Phil B

First the Bugatti, now this thing. I still don't understand why the heck people would pay 370-380 bucks for an overpriced Technic sports car with countless holes in it. On top of that they are Technic pieces! That's probably the worst value for your money you can get right now besides the Bugatti. You essentially pay more than double just for a brand name. If it'd look brutally amazing I'd get why people want it, but the design is also mediocre... Am I missing something here?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

First the Bugatti, now this thing. I still don't understand why the heck people would pay 370-380 bucks for an overpriced Technic sports car with countless holes in it. On top of that they are Technic pieces! That's probably the worst value for your money you can get right now besides the Bugatti. You essentially pay more than double just for a brand name. If it'd look brutally amazing I'd get why people want it, but the design is also mediocre... Am I missing something here?

I think the thing is that a lot of car enthusiasts who have no other Lego have been buying up these sets. They're overpriced, no doubt, but patience should be rewarded with this as it definitively was with the Porsche and has been to a lesser (so far) extent with the Bugatti. I won't be paying whatever the UK RRP is (presumably £340 or £350), but the RRP for the Bugatti is £329.99 and I got mine for £160. Give me the same sort of discount and it's much fairer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, crayxlp said:

video making of

A flood of Need For Speed nostalgic vibes rushed over me with the music choices here. How they picked the build up with one hand around 1:25 is a great sign of how structurally sound this is.

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This picture makes me think of Transformers... Call it Greenhopper, friend of Bumblebee

I can even see a face there. Not sure if a happy one or just surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

How they picked the build up with one hand around 1:25 is a great sign of how structurally sound this is.

That scene sold me on owning & building this.  Great pitch - I do not normally get into cars but this set looks special. 

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I like it and will probably buy at full RRP (If I have to)

Like it much more than Bugatti

Like the Orange Porsche and Ford Mustang (not comparable, I Know) much more, tho

The rear spoiler looks smooshed at certain angles...but I agree it's all about the side profile for this car...now LEGO needs a Technic Ford GT

The car itself does not look bad - the box DOES. The rear side totally wasted by some "like-to-be" PRO Exclusive design instead of showing the prominent and exclusive, hard-worked features (= compare to see Chiron box0 such as the elevated doors or moveable rear spoiler. that just does not justify to "waste" that approx. prominent 60 x 40 cm area for some stupid AKA "exclusive" (Louis Vouiton) kind of brand marking. Period.

in 2022 you can expect RED Expert Technic Car - what else? Some Purple? Yellow? or Grey color? .. The "RED" is the obvious choice to complement the superb garage and who else has a RED as his / its calling card.. 

Edited by crayxlp

10 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

The car itself does not look bad - the box DOES. The rear side totally wasted by some "like-to-be" PRO Exclusive design instead of showing the prominent and exclusive, hard-worked features (= compare to see Chiron box0 such as the elevated doors or moveable rear spoiler. that just does not justify to "waste" that approx. prominent 60 x 40 cm area for some stupid AKA "exclusive" (Louis Vouiton) kind of brand marking. Period.

in 2022 you can expect RED Expert Technic Car - what else? Some Purple? Yellow? or Grey color? .. The "RED" is the obvious choice to complement the superb garage and who else has a RED as his / its calling card.. 

They need to get some ferrari's in there. I'm pretty sure bugatti, lambo and porsche are all owned by VW.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scurt1s said:

They need to get some ferrari's in there. I'm pretty sure bugatti, lambo and porsche are all owned by VW.

yes, all those three car makers are members of Volkswagen AG Group.

Edited by crayxlp