Rare Misprint Box Speed Champion 76896 Nissan

Hello! 

What do you guys think a misprint of the box of a Nismo is worth? (I guess it only appeared on the first lot released in china for the asian market). Lego took a photo of a model where a Sticker on the door is upsidedown and printed it on the box and manuals. They also used this photos (and still use) on their advertisment on lego.com. There often are misprints but I guess if its really rare and also kind of funny (they cant handle those many stickers by themselves anymore) it could be of certain interest...so whats your opinion on this?

Edited by benjamin4172

10 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

It really depends on quickly they correct it, if it all.  If they don't correct it until EOL then the corrected ones may become the collectible version.

Thanks for your answer! They corrected it right away. So I guess there are very few out there (at least sealed ones). For sale there are none. I think they were such a short time around nearly noone noticed.

18 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:

Hello! 

What do you guys think a misprint of the box of a Nismo is worth? (I guess it only appeared on the first lot released in china for the asian market). Lego took a photo of a model where a Sticker on the door is upsidedown and printed it on the box and manuals. They also used this photos (and still use) on their advertisment on lego.com. There often are misprints but I guess if its really rare and also kind of funny (they cant handle those many stickers by themselves anymore) it could be of certain interest...so whats your opinion on this?

there are ppl care, but most don't

• Like 1

Yeah, we've had that conversation on this website before.  Fleer and Donrus cards in the 1980s were a joke.  They were filled with errors. 

However, the fact that LEGO corrected the error so quickly says something.  If it were me, I'd hold onto it.  It's one of those thing that may or not be a winner.  It's a toy though, so most people probably opened the box and tossed it, never realizing the error.

• Like 1

So this are Pictures of the one I have.

Generally I think, especially when I look on ebay, that there is a kind of demand on those things, like the Steamboat Willie misprint. Its obviously not exactly the same case with a Speed Champion, but I myself find it a funny misprint. And until now I dont find any for sale. So even if the demand is low...there is nearly zero supply.

As you said exracer 327, most of the people just threw it away. Isn´t this Nissan even the first asian car ever made by Lego...and they messed this one up...maybe they wanted to create collectors value on purpose ;-)

20200305_091147.jpg

20200305_091704.jpg

If I recall correctly, initial copies of Steamboat Willie set had the wrong Ideas number on the box. I’m not sure if these sets go for much more than the corrected version?  But it might be a starting point for deciding if this set is any more valuable with a misprint. 

• Like 2

20200305_091147.thumb.jpg.fe9cd595b70d6a1896b1494ee92167e8.jpg20200305_091704.thumb.jpg.5edf282f8037692fb903ffe517a20ca4.jpg20200305_103130.thumb.jpg.e9dafc29cb421ca27ca653a4b47897c8.jpg

I just realised, the Box also has plastic Seals . I think there are also Boxes where you have to press in with your thumb.

So this are Pictures of the one I have.

Generally I think, especially when I look on ebay, that there is a kind of demand on those things, like the Steamboat Willie misprint. Its obviously not exactly the same case with a Speed Champion, but I myself find it a funny misprint. And until now I dont find any for sale. So even if the demand is low...there is nearly zero supply.

As you said exracer 327, most of the people just threw it away. Isn´t this Nissan even the first asian car ever made by Lego...and they messed this one up...maybe they wanted to create collectors value on purpose 😉