What are Gold Bricks and Member Levels?

Just wondering, what do the number of single bricks right under our names signify? For example, I currently have 2 bricks, and stephen_rockefeller has 4 I believe. Many other people have 1. What do they mean?

The small yellowish Gold Bricks go along with the Levels under your name. Once you reach a predetermined threshold based on post count your level will go up along with an additional brick.

• 1 month later...

Level 4 used to be 1,000. I was a level 4 and then went back to a level 3 so I think level 4 may be higher now. I'll be at 1,500 in a couple posts so I guess we'll see.

That's strange. I wonder why the change? Hmm....

Well you'll be back to level four in another post so no worries there!

That's strange. I wonder why the change? Hmm....

Well you'll be back to level four in another post so no worries there!

Yeah I'm not really sure, but I guess it's good if the limits are moved up over time because eventually there will be tons of people over say 1,000 posts.

Long way to go... :/ I bet Ed just sits there laughing at us speculating about level upgrades. You might need 3,000 to reach level 5, if the general rule holds. If it goes like the 500 (level 3) 1,500 (level 4) you would need about 4,500 I think... "CURSE YOU AQUASCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Long way to go... :/ I bet Ed just sits there laughing at us speculating about level upgrades. You might need 3,000 to reach level 5, if the general rule holds. If it goes like the 500 (level 3) 1,500 (level 4) you would need about 4,500 I think... "CURSE YOU AQUASCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't even know. This is a template we use and we don't control everything on the forums. We are waiting for a newer version to be released with some more options so we can improve some issues.