10272 - Old Trafford - Manchester United

HandyHand

This is a VERY small run GWP.  Its in a generic outer box that has nothing specific to the set.  The box has a 'window' in the front and the set picture, number, and barcode are all printed on a cardboard insert.  It also has a strange set number of 6322642 that doesn't conform to the normal GWP 40XXX numbering.  This definitely feels like a 'hand-packed' set, and I've heard that anything under 5000 copies gets hand-packed.  Something comparable might be the Space Slug GWP, although that had a nicer box than this, which means it's probably a smaller run than that was.

IMG_5228.JPG

• Like 2

Afraid not. Looks like a a very small batch was made. (as someone stated here before.) price is ticking up and up. Started at $80..then $90.. now $100.. should keep going upwards with the worlds most popular sport/team fan base driving them. 

? 

Edited by Martae54

14 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

When there are a lot on Ebay, you will have wished you hadn't held onto it.

I don't know about that. There were too few available. It will at least hold it's current value. 

The mini batmobile has held 80-90 and there were tons more available. Can ManU beat Batman? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

To each their own, but the long holds in this game usually don't pay off. For each one that does, there are 10 others you get burnt on.

For normal promos that last for days, weeks, sometimes months, sure i agree. But this is not a comparable item. Like I said, “I TRIED” to get one online. (And i knew about it when it went live).

Worlds most popular sport +

SUPER limited release.=

???

You need to think more along SDCC Minifigs, which only INCREASE in value. (Generally speaking.)

I can only chuckle...decided to use this set and promo as an example to prove I didn't have fear of missing out and have to buy every #$%& Exclusive set made.  After much deliberation before work I was kinda relieved to see promo OOS by lunch as It was the reason I would have bought at retail.  I Will say I'm truly happy to see the promo doing good for ya'll ?  

1070 total in stores,  so probably 3k total with SAH , maybe 2500.   Problem is the stadium isn't selling so kind of like a batmobile situation.  Promo did great the big set sucked.  

Gonna give some back on the promo selling the big set at a small loss and I don't think the demand will be there to drive the price high enough here in US.  

Today the extra shipment of Stadiums hit so any stores that had less than the promo amount and held back is your only chance to get one more or so.

11 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

1070 total in stores,  so probably 3k total with SAH , maybe 2500.   Problem is the stadium isn't selling so kind of like a batmobile situation.  Promo did great the big set sucked.  

Gonna give some back on the promo selling the big set at a small loss and I don't think the demand will be there to drive the price high enough here in US.  

Today the extra shipment of Stadiums hit so any stores that had less than the promo amount and held back is your only chance to get one more or so.

The fact the team has been underperforming for years doesn’t help either . 

8 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I didn't buy the stadium at 270 euros despite "knowing" the little set would do great. The gain on the little set would not make up for the loss on the stadium. Nobody seems to want the stadium for more than 200 euros in Netherlands. Little set sells for 45-50 euros, so this "deal" was not profitable.

11 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I sold mine for $320 (buyer paid shipping). So I paid about $40 for the promo, rat, and $15 in vip. Not bad at all. 

I did get lucky on the sale. Ebay is barely moving one a day. 

• 2 weeks later...

The box does not look "much.. the final assembly neither. .. its just for a very limited group of hard core fans. 

this was certainly a step aside from LEGO and either they already know it or would be aware very soon.. Its totally unimaginative "piece" for GENERAL public. Personally I can not understand why in the hell they would even produce it.. maybe the football team had a lot of cash and TLG was curious if that (something) could be a new cash cow 

Edited by crayxlp

I have to admit, I've thought about stadiums as an architecture series for a while.  But this set is too large for architecture and too small for a LEGO city.  I think it looks like a good rendition of the real stadium but I too find this set hard to understand.  The target audience for this set just seems too limited.  How many Liverpool, Chelsea, or any other teams' fans will be buying this?  Would people really buy copies of all the Premier League stadiums at this scale for display purposes - like UCS sets?

Edited by exracer327

On 2/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, crayxlp said:

The box does not look "much.. the final assembly neither. .. its just for a very limited group of hard core fans. 

this was certainly a step aside from LEGO and either they already know it or would be aware very soon.. Its totally unimaginative "piece" for GENERAL public. Personally I can not understand why in the hell they would even produce it.. maybe the football team had a lot of cash and TLG was curious if that (something) could be a new cash cow 

on back order at LEGO Shop at Home so enough folks wanted it to exceed LEGO expectations

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

on back order at LEGO Shop at Home so enough folks wanted it to exceed LEGO expectations

To determine 'enough', the real question is... what was their expectation? 

I think there are a few markets where it does excellent: UK and Asia

3 hours ago, dmind said:

To determine 'enough', the real question is... what was their expectation? 

I think there are a few markets where it does excellent: UK and Asia

I'm sure LEGO isn't above using cheap marketing ploys such as an initial short supply and quick back-order to drum up interest and perceived rarity. But even if that...they at least sold enough to have been successful at it.  It's the "Friends Coffee House" approach

• Like 1