Charged extra by LEGO during VIP early access, anyone else?!

Hi fellow Brickpickers, 

Just curious if anyone else has run in to this "problem" with LEGO Corp. while ordering during early VIP weekend?:

So, shortly after the early VIP weekend sales/promotions started, I checked out what special deals were being offered by LEGO and was pleasantly surprised to find that "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set was discounted to $209.99 so I decided to make the move and order the set.  It was a set I would have liked to have... but was not at the top of my "priority list", but the price was too good to pass up,  especially considering it would include the Christmas Tree and 2 x 8 red brick freebies.  I applied $65.00 in VIP vouchers along with a $20 gift card received via an earlier promotion.  Total cost after all those were applied came to $128.22.

Well, not only did LEGO put thru the charge of $128.22... but they also put thru two authorizations for $97.17 and $8.31, effectively "tying up" $105.00 on my debit card.  I called LEGO customer service two times, waiting on hold in excess of 45 minutes on Saturday and Sunday, yet as of today, the authorizations are still tying up my funds.  Finally called my financial institution to dispute the two charges that they had NO BUSINESS putting thru, and essentially holding my funds "hostage".

Just curious if anyone else has run in to this problem?  It's horrible customer service.  And while they are outstanding at putting out excellent products, their billing/IT departments are obviously failing at their job of billing customers accurately/effectively.

LEGO needs to get their sh!+ together... it's just not cool nor acceptable to be putting thru bogus charges in excess of what a customer has purchased.

So.... again, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they've had any success in remedying the situation?

Thanks... and LEGO on!

1 hour ago, Banjodefairmont said:

Hi fellow Brickpickers, 

Just curious if anyone else has run in to this "problem" with LEGO Corp. while ordering during early VIP weekend?:

So, shortly after the early VIP weekend sales/promotions started, I checked out what special deals were being offered by LEGO and was pleasantly surprised to find that "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set was discounted to $209.99 so I decided to make the move and order the set.  It was a set I would have liked to have... but was not at the top of my "priority list", but the price was too good to pass up,  especially considering it would include the Christmas Tree and 2 x 8 red brick freebies.  I applied $65.00 in VIP vouchers along with a $20 gift card received via an earlier promotion.  Total cost after all those were applied came to $128.22.

Well, not only did LEGO put thru the charge of $128.22... but they also put thru two authorizations for $97.17 and $8.31, effectively "tying up" $105.00 on my debit card.  I called LEGO customer service two times, waiting on hold in excess of 45 minutes on Saturday and Sunday, yet as of today, the authorizations are still tying up my funds.  Finally called my financial institution to dispute the two charges that they had NO BUSINESS putting thru, and essentially holding my funds "hostage".

Just curious if anyone else has run in to this problem?  It's horrible customer service.  And while they are outstanding at putting out excellent products, their billing/IT departments are obviously failing at their job of billing customers accurately/effectively.

LEGO needs to get their sh!+ together... it's just not cool nor acceptable to be putting thru bogus charges in excess of what a customer has purchased.

So.... again, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they've had any success in remedying the situation?

Thanks... and LEGO on!

Apparently you haven't read the black friday thread.   It happened to everyone, whole thing was a cluster,  mines still not sorted out.