853967 - Wooden Minifigure

I got one as a standalone but now seeing the value kits, makes me wish I would have at least got one with more bricks. Either way, its a little much for me to just plaster with artwork, I might stain it darker, otherwise its a cool display. It made me spend my VIP points for the Lego Duplo Japanese Patent ORIGINALS, so I think ill slowly just collect those.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

These seem to be sold out at EU SAH now. Dead wood?

The figure alone is available (again, after being OOS for a short time some days ago) - the difference is, it is now "limit 5" and no longer "limit 2"... So, if I had to guess, I'd say it will also stay available for quite some time to come. (Seems like only two of the bundles with additional stuff are OOS right now.)

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I think its cool, but thats just me.

I think it's cool too but I got scared off by the reports of gobs of glue coming from where the arms attach.  I expect primo quality control on a handcrafted item like this, especially if it's limited production at this price.  I could always return it after I order it.  We'll see how black Friday turns out but mine had better be perfect upon receipt. 

Edited by MusiKyle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, waddamon said:

What is happening to Lego, instead of letting their sets become collectible on their own, they are charging sky high amounts to kill the collectible nature of actual sets while remaking everything and keeping sets on the shelf forever, now they are making wooden figs and charging insane money to create a collectible.  Feels like the 90's comic book era.

Honestly it's genius. And also disappointing I agree but people will buy anything with those four letters on it.. surprise they try at all.