Ideas #029: 21321 - International Space Station

20 hours ago, Phil B said:
21 hours ago, thebrickdad said:
Ideas sets (afaik) have all had printed parts only.

Not entirely true. Some IDEAS sets have had stickers, for example Old Fishing Store for some door prints.

Good point. That's the one set I haven't built yet. I've only got the one and that's signed as well so may well not get round to the pleasure of building that at all...

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm not seeing a correlation in the table

I'm not either.  I feel like they either underpriced Central Perk or overpriced ISS.  Usually a set with a license costs more than those without.  Usually a set with more pieces (not always) costs more than a set with less pieces.  Was trying to also point out that Central Perk includes a full 7 minifigures and still comes in $10 less than ISS.  Both are Ideas sets there shouldn't be any difference there.

1 minute ago, thebrickdad said:

It's the Lego 'This is going to be a very popular set' tax.

That's probably it, I suppose.

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

I'm in for 2 (one to build, one to keep).  There's a nice thing going with the Ideas ISS, Ideas Saturn V, Ideas Women of NASA, and the Creator Expert Lunar Lander.

It's interesting how this compares to Central Perk...

image.thumb.png.7bb78df971317605b55128b530bda6cf.png

What is the conclusion? The nerds will pay more for fewer bricks ???

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I'm in for 2 (one to build, one to keep).  There's a nice thing going with the Ideas ISS, Ideas Saturn V, Ideas Women of NASA, and the Creator Expert Lunar Lander.

It's interesting how this compares to Central Perk...

image.thumb.png.7bb78df971317605b55128b530bda6cf.png

My conclusion is Friends is a no-brainer buy in the US as in Europe the price points are exactly the opposite with ISS being cheaper.

Interestingly, ISS is cheaper in some other countries than Germany, the usual lowest  RRP marker.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

My conclusion is Friends is a no-brainer buy in the US as in Europe the price points are exactly the opposite with ISS being cheaper.

Interestingly, ISS is cheaper in some other countries than Germany, the usual lowest  RRP marker.

I think it'll be key to just get them as cheap as possible. Both will do fine.

All 70€ IDEAS sets were great if bought at a discount. 21313 is my best performing set right now (a waaay overpriced set imo). And I think these 2 are way better sets at 70€, can't go wrong with a 35% discount.

This picture of a patch has been floating around.  I still have two patches from the Lunar Lander, this will be neat to add to the collection.

I think I'm planning on getting three of this ISS set on Day 1 (unless qty 2 restriction applied).  One to build, one to keep, and one for a birthday gift.

Screenshot_20200122-090732_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

This picture of a patch has been floating around.  I still have two patches from the Lunar Lander, this will be neat to add to the collection.

I think I'm planning on getting three of this ISS set on Day 1 (unless qty 2 restriction applied).  One to build, one to keep, and one for a birthday gift.

Screenshot_20200122-090732_Chrome.jpg

Is it just me, or that text on the lower left corner read "ASSED"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...