40346 - Legoland

Mark Twain

29 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I wonder if the promotional 40335 Space Rocket Ride is some how related and hope this won't remain "exclusive" and be available on SAH at some point later this year. 

I've ordered over the phone from Legoland gift shops in the past.  Shipping may be high, but it should at least be accessible that way (one hopes).

• Like 6

I've ordered over the phone from Legoland gift shops in the past.  Shipping may be high, but it should at least be accessible that way (one hopes).

Very true. I’ve ordered stuff from LEGOLAND Florida to have shipped, and I’ve ordered from LEGOLAND California for pick up.

Nice set.  I should complain that I can't buy it online.  

I think you know someone that can hook you up.

22 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

One guy on Instagram put up screen shots of the sale price in the Netherlands of $799 DKK making it about $120 US. That seems way too low for a set this size.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I dunno....you take away the fancy background artwork and realize it's like 400 pieces. There's not too much for larger structures, more like a bigger people pack.
Still have to have one, though.

• Like 1

One guy on Instagram put up screen shots of the sale price in the Netherlands of $799 DKK making it about $120 US. That seems way too low for a set this size.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
If the price was in DKK, I'm pretty sure the country was not The Netherlands .... Just sayin'
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Mark Twain said:

I wonder if the promotional 40335 Space Rocket Ride is some how related and hope this won't remain "exclusive" and be available on SAH at some point later this year. 

I'm assuming 40335 Space Rocket Ride will be a GWP with purchase of Creator Free Fall Tower.

it's starting to feel like roller coasters are becoming the new "helicopter".  like the discussions behind the scenes in Billund are that every set could use one.

famine to feast and drought to draught.  it's o.k. with me though - keep on pushin'  that rc button lego design monkey.  i'm sure they'll all be railed with gold one day.

at least all the people hanging out in "fun in the park" now have something to go and do and also help make the ride lines longer  to emulate real life.

Just now, cladner said:

it's starting to feel like roller coasters are becoming the new "helicopter".  like the discussions behind the scenes in Billund are that every set could use one.

famine to feast and drought to draught.  it's o.k. with me though - keep on pushin'  that rc button lego design monkey.  i'm sure they'll all be railed with gold one day.

at least all the people hanging out in "fun in the park" now have something to go and do and also help make the ride lines longer  to emulate real life.

For sure. After Joker Mansion, it stared small, with the Black Panther set utilizing a straight track and various curved adornments to racing sets for the start finish lines. Then Creator Roller Coaster (Proper Coaster) Unikitty (umm, half a track...okay) Pirate Coaster (Better, good small themed coaster) Toy Story 4 (...wut) Friends Monorail (Acceptable) New Friends Coaster (Pirate Coaster Friends Equivalent) plus various City theme uses.

I can see Lego remaking the mine cart track from Indiana Jones but after that, the sky's the limit.

Roller Coaster Police?

A Day at the Horse Races Oval Track?

Emma Park Performance Coaster?

Art Studio...Coaster!

Star Wars Episode X - We really just wanted to add a coaster. Skywalker.

56 minutes ago, cladner said:

I would like to see rollercoaster 'track packs' for sale like they sell for trains.  The individual rollercoaster tracks are available ala carte on Bricklink but it would be more convenient being sold in its own pack.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I would like to see rollercoaster 'track packs' for sale like they sell for trains.  The individual rollercoaster tracks are available ala carte on Bricklink but it would be more convenient being sold in its own pack.

I would like a loop expansion for the creator set

The rollercoaster is a great motif if the tracks can be readily available.  For those building their Lego cities...a rollercoater track can cover the vertical as well as the lateral. The youtubes vids of the cameras mounted on trains lack the ability to really get close to the details that are above and below the main track plane.