21045 - Trafalgar Square

HandyHand

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Leicester Square signing on Saturday 27th - not a weekday for once! 

This set has Chicken Dinner written all over it. However, I've not got to patience to wait in a huge queue, let alone the horror of going into London ?

I doubt there'll ever be more than 20% off this, so it's a likely buy for me with 2x VIP or decent promo.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This set has Chicken Dinner written all over it. However, I've not got to patience to wait in a huge queue, let alone the horror of going into London ?

I doubt there'll ever be more than 20% off this, so it's a likely buy for me with 2x VIP or decent promo.

There may be a flip opportunity. Some sites are reporting a summer release, others speculating May 1st. 

SAH is closed currently for training so no info there. 

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Why the heck should it be different than other architecture sets ?

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Why the heck should it be different than other architecture sets ?

I simply think it's the best European Architecture set to date and I'm not being biased as I hate London. I expect strong demand out of the gate and, hence, few discounts.

It's different because it's Trafalgar Square and the others are not ? 

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I simply think it's the best European Architecture set to date and I'm not being biased as I hate London. I expect strong demand out of the gate and, hence, few discounts.

It's different because it's Trafalgar Square and the others are not ? 

I bet it will be the opposite ;)

Pricepoint too high, not very known outside UK or people who have been in London. 

Design is nice, but for Investment meh imho

11 hours ago, HandyHand said:

First official image of the new Architecture Trafalgar Square set (21045)

Another echoing statement here of looking very good. I have never been and only have photos to go by but the build for this scale captures the locale rather nicely in my opinion. I am fairly certain to have seen a large minifigure scale MOC of the area some time back. Now if only I can remember where. Haha.

55 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Pricepoint too high, not very known outside UK or people who have been in London. 

I have no idea what this place is. I only know Big Ben and Parliament from the Griswold's.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have no idea what this place is. I only know Big Ben and Parliament from the Griswold's.

It's the best place in the World for a pigeon to expel its colon contents on one's head. I even crushed one once when simply walking across it.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Sozial said:

I've seen more tourists there than outside Buck House and Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben is incorrect). Go there on a nice sunny day and it's heaving. Do you get out of the house? ?

23 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've seen more tourists there than outside Buck House and Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben is incorrect). Go there on a nice sunny day and it's heaving. Do you get out of the house? ?

Agree, I am familiar with Trafalgar Square and have never been to London or anywhere in Europe.  To me its just as famous Big Ben, London Bridge, or Buckingham Palace.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I went to Trafalgar Square on a high school trip tour about *BLRBLR* years ago.

I remember going to a cafe kind of place built on top of a crypt. I thought that was kind of cool.

It's still the crypt and serves a superb breakfast. Just get the elevator down from the street. The LEGO store is only a short walk away.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Nah I am little hermit crab based in Germany. ;)

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I feel pretty well versed in culture and interesting landmarks, but yeah...same.

The set looks good, but I still think Lego should think about expanding this theme to include ancient ruins like the Machu Pichu MOC and other ancient buildings/structures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's the best place in the World for a pigeon to expel its colon contents on one's head. I even crushed one once when simply walking across it.

I experienced the same like 25 yrs ago.. 

its a very cliché, idealistic depiction of a square that does not exist.. (Square does, but not in this form)

Edited by crayxlp