BrickStock help

Hey everyone,

Decided to take a shot at BrickStock and unfortunately I hit a roadblock instantly. 

A lot of Youtube videos tell me to go into preferences and connect my BrickLink store via the network tab. I have done this, but received no "confirmation or denial" that is connected. I assume it hasn't though because I go to Import and try to import my store inventory and the option simply isn't there for me.

Was this the difference between free and paid version? Or am I missing something simple. Maybe it cannot connect to your current BL store anymore due to lack of support? 

Any help is appreciated!

48 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Hey everyone,

Decided to take a shot at BrickStock and unfortunately I hit a roadblock instantly. 

A lot of Youtube videos tell me to go into preferences and connect my BrickLink store via the network tab. I have done this, but received no "confirmation or denial" that is connected. I assume it hasn't though because I go to Import and try to import my store inventory and the option simply isn't there for me.

Was this the difference between free and paid version? Or am I missing something simple. Maybe it cannot connect to your current BL store anymore due to lack of support? 

Any help is appreciated!

I can’t really recall what the difference is between the paid version and the free version. If you go to the website and register, there’s is a small fee, but it is well worth it in my opinion. 

https://brickstock.patrickbrans.com/#undefined

There is still support for the program. The creator Patrick, just recently updated it so we are able to import our stores. 

Edit* here is step by step guide I made on how to import your Inventory from BL. 

Step 1. Go to your inventory page

Step 2. Scroll down to the bottom where it says download

Step 3. Download your inventory as an xml file.

Step 4. Change the Extension on your downloaded file from txt to xml

Step 5. Open Brickstock

Step 6. Go to file, and Import Bricklink XML.

Step 7. Open the file you downloaded, and changed the extension. 

Step 8. Save file as bsx file.

Edited by Foreman Porgy

3 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I can’t really recall what the difference is between the paid version and the free version. If you go to the website and register, there’s is a small fee, but it is well worth it in my opinion. 

https://brickstock.patrickbrans.com/#undefined

There is still support for the program. The creator Patrick, just recently updated it so we are able to import our stores. 

I figured out what was wrong. Under the registration tab you I had chosen "private usage", needed to change it to "commercial" – I also ended up paying the $20 as well to support.

Thanks!