End of the Line for Juniors?

cladner

So I've noticed now that there are no new sets that are being specifically released under the "Juniors" theme flag.

Instead, TLG has sets from regular conventional themes now that have a large "4+" in the lower left corner to indicate this is a set for younger builder.

This is despite bricksett having multiple sets released in 2019 as being "JUNIORS" however there are NO NEW SETS on shop at home site under Juniors theme.

Instead the new "Juniors" star wars, spiderman, friends sets are listed under their respective themes again with the large "4+".

Sets I'm talking about include:

76133 Spiderman Car Chase

76134 Spiderman Dock Ock Diamond Heist

Also the smallish star wars sets that are listed as being juniors on bricksett but on LEGO Shop at Home site, there are no new juniors sets and all of these small kids sets are being listed under the main theme.

Which gives me the impression that TLG is winding down the theme which is weird since most of the sets in the theme are perennially in the top 100 sellers on amazon.

Already seeing confusion from regular builders who bought a 4+ friends set and gave it 1 star review complaining the set  had new larger bricks and was made "for a 4 year old" lol.

RIP Juniors.  ?

Edited by cladner

So I've noticed now that there are no new sets that are being specifically released under the "Juniors" theme flag.
Instead, TLG has sets from regular conventional themes now that have a large "4+" in the lower left corner to indicate this is a set for younger builder.
This is despite bricksett having multiple sets released in 2019 as being "JUNIORS" however there are NO NEW SETS on shop at home site under Juniors theme.
Instead the new "Juniors" star wars, spiderman, friends sets are listed under their respective themes again with the large "4+".
Sets I'm talking about include:
76133 Spiderman Car Chase
76134 Spiderman Dock Ock Diamond Heist
Also the smallish star wars sets that are listed as being juniors on bricksett but on LEGO Shop at Home site, there are no new juniors sets and all of these small kids sets are being listed under the main theme.
Which gives me the impression that TLG is winding down the theme which is weird since most of the sets in the theme are perennially in the top 100 sellers on amazon.
Already seeing confusion from regular builders who bought a 4+ friends set and gave it 1 star review complaining the set  had new larger bricks and was made "for a 4 year old" lol.
RIP Juniors.  

Yes indeed. Changing times... and marketing I assume.
There is also a "2+" age designation as well. Listed as "Pre-school" theme group on Brickset.

2c608018399798957377d91fa47a2deb.jpg
  • Like 1