Harry Potter 2019

exciter1

19 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Yeah, would have been cool if it opened like a book, but this can be solved by buying 2 sets. Clocktower is really nice!

I'm sure this NEVER crossed Lego's mind, Ha.  I'm sure this is what I'll do and sell of the figures to get most of the money back, but odd since the last 3 were all enclosed and opened up just like you described.  

4 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'm sure this NEVER crossed Lego's mind, Ha.  I'm sure this is what I'll do and sell of the figures to get most of the money back, but odd since the last 3 were all enclosed and opened up just like you described.  

Lego definitely trying to hit target price points...unfortunately, for sets in this series it starts with marketing and then the bean counters

Brickset has published official images of the new HP sets including the Advent Calendar

This could be one to watch, the RRP of $39.99 does seem a bit steep, but I can see the 7 minifigures being a considerable selling point:

• This LEGO Harry Potter advent calendar includes 7 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Professor Flitwick and the Hogwarts Architect plus a Hedwig figure.
  • Models include a micro Hogwarts Express train, buildable fireplace with Christmas decoration, Great Hall table with accessories and a statue pedestal decorated with the 4 house crests.
  • The 24 gifts combine to inspire kids to recreate festive scenes from the Harry Potter movies and invent magical stories of their own.

HP Advent.jpg

19 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

Will LEGO drop either City or Star Wars Advent Calendars?  Seems like they only bastardizing their own sales with 4 Advent Calendars.

I don't see them dropping any. The themes are pretty separate and I would argue that Friends is actually the best, at least last year was really good.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Lobot said:

Brickset has published official images of the new HP sets including the Advent Calendar

This could be one to watch, the RRP of $39.99 does seem a bit steep, but I can see the 7 minifigures being a considerable selling point:

• This LEGO Harry Potter advent calendar includes 7 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Professor Flitwick and the Hogwarts Architect plus a Hedwig figure.
  • Models include a micro Hogwarts Express train, buildable fireplace with Christmas decoration, Great Hall table with accessories and a statue pedestal decorated with the 4 house crests.
  • The 24 gifts combine to inspire kids to recreate festive scenes from the Harry Potter movies and invent magical stories of their own.

Not a bad price if any(many) of the figures are exclusive for the time being.

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

Same price as the Star Wars calendar, but not sure of the builds. At least with SW you get micro ships or similar. Beyond the 7 minifigs, maybe just some lame presents, tree, fireplace, etc.

I will pick up one for sure to open and save my final judgment until then.

I agree; for their first HP Advent, based on box art...looks like LEGO designers mailed it in.

I expect these will be stacked high at every Costco...tons will be made; but I will no doubt pick-up a few SW and HPs calendars during the first round of discounts at 20% in Oct. (Last year I didn't get enough for all teh kids on my list and got some at RRP in Dec...for the sake of Christmas present consistency between the kids...I had to...Santa had me by the ballz

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO Harry Potter 75958: Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival At HogwartsLEGO Harry Potter 75958: Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival At HogwartsLEGO Harry Potter 75964: The Rise of VoldemortLEGO Harry Potter 75964: The Rise of Voldemorthttps://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-75965-75958-offizielle-bilder-vom-friedhof-und-der-beauxbatons-kutsche/

Images from above link at Stonewars

These look NOICE!

The carriage w/ the 2 pegasus (should be 6 right?) seems straight out of Cinderella...looks good but even better since it opens up as a playset

Cemetary captures a pivotal scene and iconic Tom Riddle monument...horcrux of the cup is a special touch...even looks like the rat's right hand is different color...the details matter (and we get a deatheater)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2

Carriage looks really good IMO. I was wondering why they did not have one in the wave with all the pieces available through Disney sets etc. Previous graveyard is much better, but this one is still fine. It is different enough to not just be a shameless re-release.

I was under the impression the 6 sets that we saw a few weeks ago were the only ones for the year so this is encouraging! 

Now we just need that maze... 

• 4 weeks later...

Barnes & Noble email saying that the HP wave will be exclusive to their stores first.  I assume that means exclusive to them and LEGO brand stores.

Promo maybe or will they just find another stash of Bricktober 2018 Harry Potter minifigure 4-packs to give away?

THE MAGIC RETURNS JULY 1, 2019 AVAILABLE FIRST AT BARNES & NOBLE

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...