Would This Idea Help Investing In LEGO Sets Any Better?

The Builder

Question

My friend and I came up with an idea to help LEGO investors, and make investing easier, in the words of my friend. 

The overall concept is to have everything in one place, buying, selling, all the online stores, and portfolios, for example. You would have a portfolio of all your LEGO sets, like the one on BrickPicker, and each (day) it would update to the latest price, to get a more accurate portfolio.

It would also have a daily chart for each LEGO set showing the price for about 5 years. It would be like a stock chart. And instead of the stock ticker, it would be the set number!

Then if you want to purchase the set, you go to the trade tab, and pick one of the five stores we would offer, Amazon.com, Lego.com, Walmart.com, Bricklink.com, and Target.com. 

Once you've chosen your store, all of the listings on the website will appear, witch you would be able to filter buy price, quantity etc. 

That's the overall idea, I'm still looking into it, it would have to be A LOT of coding, which I have no experience in.

What do you guys think, anything we could add to make it better? Any constructive criticism would be great!

P.S We would also partner with other LEGO investing companies like BrickPicker!! 

Edited by The Builder

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, The Builder said:

My friend and I came up with an idea to help LEGO investors, and make investing easier, in the words of my friend. 

The overall concept is to have everything in one place, buying, selling, all the online stores, and portfolios, for example. You would have a portfolio of all your LEGO sets, like the one on BrickPicker, and each (day) it would update to the latest price, to get a more accurate portfolio.

It would also have a daily chart for each LEGO set showing the price for about 5 years. It would be like a stock chart. And instead of the stock ticker, it would be the set number!

Then if you want to purchase the set, you go to the trade tab, and pick one of the five stores we would offer, Amazon.com, Lego.com, Walmart.com, Bricklink.com, and Target.com

Once you've chosen your store, all of the listings on the website will appear, witch you would be able to filter buy price, quantity etc. 

That's the overall idea, I'm still looking into it, it would have to be A LOT of coding, which I have no experience in.

What do you guys think, anything we could add to make it better? Any constructive criticism would be great!

P.S We would also partner with other LEGO investing companies like BrickPicker!! 

No need for all that stuff when you have FLOORS and CEILINGS.

FLOORS and CEILINGS is where it’s at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow. Great idea! Or maybe, how about you add a feature where you can buy other products as well. Start with selling books, build out your distribution network, then gradually add more product categories. Oh, and a 2 day guaranteed shipment plan! And allow other people to sell on your platform too - perhaps even in a model where all they need to do is ship their products to you and you take care of the rest?

What do you think?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Wow. Great idea! Or maybe, how about you add a feature where you can buy other products as well. Start with selling books, build out your distribution network, then gradually add more product categories. Oh, and a 2 day guaranteed shipment plan! And allow other people to sell on your platform too - perhaps even in a model where all they need to do is ship their products to you and you take care of the rest?

What do you think?!?

Image result for jeff bezos memes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

What do you think?!?

If there would exist a company like that, I would never ever Invest a penny in that.

• Like 1

Not trying to shoot down improvements, but other than more store integration (trade tab), I feel like the majority of the ideas are already in Brickpicker.
I've honestly spent so much of the time in the forums & portfolio, I've overlooked a lot of the work and detail that's been put in elsewhere.
image.png.84e0a332e466945053349586a7c53221.png

image.png.178b397cda1264d17de57cc85ea15ebf.png

I haven't paid attention lately as to how often stats are updated. A few years back, I believe I read it was about monthly, but a lot has changed since then.

image.png.d99d115b87ddaf8cfe934fbcb5e6806b.png

• Like 1