Chinese New Year 2019

crayxlp

• TheOrcKing changed the title to China Exclusives 2019
  • 2 weeks later...

I got really lucky. Working for a Chinese company in the US, one of my Chinese-native coworkers recently went back and was able to find set 80102. She didn't look everywhere, but she did say that at the location she was at, that 80101 was sold out. Not sure what that means regarding overall production run, however.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I got really lucky. Working for a Chinese company in the US, one of my Chinese-native coworkers recently went back and was able to find set 80102. She didn't look everywhere, but she did say that at the location she was at, that 80101 was sold out. Not sure what that means regarding overall production run, however.

as far as I have heard, there is a hype for 80101 as lunar new year is coming. You may have better luck finding it in March

So I spend a couple of days during my trip to Singapore looking for these sets.  According to multiple Toys R Us and Bricks World (Lego Certified Store) employees I talked to at multiple locations, these sets are done, sold out and won't be restocked.  My extra suitcase I brought will go back empty I guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JimboJet said:

So I spend a couple of days during my trip to Singapore looking for these sets.  According to multiple Toys R Us and Bricks World (Lego Certified Store) employees I talked to at multiple locations, these sets are done, sold out and won't be restocked.  My extra suitcase I brought will go back empty I guess.

Picked these up in Thailand mid February. Dept store called 'Robinsons'. Didn't know they sold real Lego in Thailand as saw bogus bricks everywhere!. Apparently this was the only place in Thailand that did so! And i managed to get the last two left (with some Tourist discount which was nice). I guess i got lucky :)

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

How do folks still feel about these China Region sets?  Prices seem to be creeping up on ebay.

I really want to get them for personal collection but still not sure when prices will stabilize. 

Mar-Apr are typical weak months for selling as lots of ppl are still recovering from the holiday cc hangover. That said, price needs to be pretty aggressive if the seller wants to make the sell.

80101 & 80102 are currently sitting at ~150$ with less than 20 sellers on ebay and still have fresh selling records, so my friend, I am afraid these are about as good as you can get before they climb up for another holiday frenzy    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

Mar-Apr are typical weak months for selling as lots of ppl are still recovering from the holiday cc hangover. That said, price needs to be pretty aggressive if the seller wants to make the sell.

80101 & 80102 are currently sitting at ~150$ with less than 20 sellers on ebay and still have fresh selling records, so my friend, I am afraid these are about as good as you can get before they climb up for another holiday frenzy    

I agree. I actually just built the dragon dance set and took it to work the other day. Everyone really enjoys it and I'm personally glad I got this one and not the Dinner set (It was already sold out anyways).

Screenshot 2019-03-28 12.48.02.png

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, superlegolover said:

thanks for this info...I may just bite the bullet

...anyway...see you on the "So What Set Did you Buy/Sell" Thread

• Like 1

I've sold 11 of the dragon sets and 3 of the dinner sets so far. When I was in S. Korea 2 weeks ago, most of the stores were wiped out of both sets. I managed to find one Toys R Us in a smaller city that had 6 dragons and 3 dinners that I happily bought a suitcase for to bring home with me.

Korea SAH looks to still be sold out of 80102, but 80101 has come back in stock after being out for quite some time.

When I head back over again in May, I'll see if I can find some more. After VAT, they're about $80 and $90 USD respectively in stores.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Treetop said:

I was in Shanghai middle of March and found a TRU that had a few 80102 for $83.  Bought 2 (one to sell).  Asked about 80101 but they were out.  My oldest son keeps asking to build it.  May break down this weekend because it's going to rain.

just curious, how did you bring them back? put them in your carry on or checked baggage? I always have concern with lego in the checked baggage

On 3/28/2019 at 2:44 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

How do folks still feel about these China Region sets?  Prices seem to be creeping up on ebay.

I really want to get them for personal collection but still not sure when prices will stabilize. 

it's part of a plan to get more sales in china.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

The boat race set should be out very soon for those interested

I missed that there was another exclusive coming.

I'm headed back to Korea again mid-May. Will keep an eye out for these along with trying to get more 80102.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...