City 2019

Val-E

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, some of these sets do look rather original, compared with the SW and Batman rehash dross that is coming out.

The doughnt shop opening has a really neat crane on a flatbed similar to 60183 and the shuttle is a departure from the standard NASA variant.

• 4 weeks later...

Decent quality images of the City/Space theme have appeared on Instagram (#legoleaks):

60224 - Maintenance Mission Shuttle (Small craft & Satellite)
60225 - Rover Test Drive (Space 6-wheel Rover)
60226 - Mars Research Shuttle (Space Shuttle & small Rover)
60227 - Moon Base (Space Station & small craft)
60228 - Space Research Rocket Control Centre (Launch Pad & Rollercoaster)
60230 - Space people pack (209 parts)

60225, 60227 & 60228 look especially good....

• Like 2

So any guessed to the cycle after Space? Last time it was 2015. Maybe they will use all the leftover kart parts from the Friends set and make another Race theme for 2020. Depending on the route of Speed Champions, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Granted SC are for slightly older audiences, but I can imagine the licensing is expensive.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

14 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That’s cool but...I thought there was going to be a fairgrounds people pack this year? I wonder if we’re still getting that.

Hopefully, looks like there are two creator (maybe a single 3-in1) sets that are a Rocket ride and small Tower Drop. With it being Creator, not sure if we will get a people pack, but Friends ALSO has some more amusement rides as well coming up, so I don't think it's out of the question. Also the new D2C is a Large Tower Drop so I say the chances are pretty high.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

21 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Also the new D2C is a Large Tower Drop so I say the chances are pretty high.

I see what you did there.

As with the other people packs, hopefully this sees some good discounts. Is that hairnet (back, left) a new piece?

I like the space roller coaster. Really getting use out of those parts, LEGO. 

That’s cool but...I thought there was going to be a fairgrounds people pack this year? I wonder if we’re still getting that.

Y’all are missing the point here. There’s an astronaut on a treadmill with a woman holding a pizza and bullwhip in this people pack. We’re one set away from a people pack celebrating every culture’s weird fetish.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Y’all are missing the point here. There’s an astronaut on a treadmill with a woman holding a pizza and bullwhip in this people pack. We’re one set away from a people pack celebrating every culture’s weird fetish.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Every culture?  That astronaut is from Chicago, that's why "pizza as a bait" works on him :D

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Every culture?  That astronaut is from Chicago, that's why "pizza as a bait" works on him :D

They used a plate for the pizza, if the astonaut was from Chicago, they would have used a round brick; so he's from NY.

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Seriously, the people pack looks like a joke
why is the guy laying on a satelite?
welder walking towards mech suit?
alien head ona stick during the interview?
what is the deal w/ a bullwhip?

...don't get me wrong...it's an awesome set...finally an 'ode to clean Lab workers / lunch lady

I didn’t think any of those were odd. Except the alien mask is silly.
You missed the guy puking in the garbage can, and the lady sipping on coffee about to get nailed in the head by a rocket. Those are funny.