No idea where to post this - Set idea

Mooserandell

Question

Sorry I have had a look through the different sub sections to post in and can't find anywhere to discuss a potential set idea.

Anyone think a Game of Thrones lego set theme would be such a lucrative thing for LEGO to do? I can understand the rights may be very expensive but it's such a popular show / book series I think it would be such a big seller for LEGO.

What are your thoughts?

3 answers to this question

Just now, Mooserandell said:

Sorry I have had a look through the different sub sections to post in and can't find anywhere to discuss a potential set idea.

Anyone think a Game of Thrones lego set theme would be such a lucrative thing for LEGO to do? I can understand the rights may be very expensive but it's such a popular show / book series I think it would be such a big seller for LEGO.

What are your thoughts?

It's a show with mature themes that don't comply with the LEGO standard. There are many good IPs that would sell to adults, but LEGO is a children's toy so we will never see them.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Mooserandell said:

What are your thoughts?

It'll be huge, but LEGO need to tread carefully unless they consider an 18+ section. There's no reason why AFOLs can't be exclusively catered for. LEGO need a change in direction and this could help them. There's nothing stopping MOCs, but licencing would be an issue.