Forma 2019 - Indiegogo Fish Project

posted by LEGO FORMA

Dec 19, 2019 • 11:34PM PST

LEGO® FORMA update
Dear Backers,

Many of you have been curious about the future of LEGO® FORMA, and now is the time.

Since your orders were shipped, we have been busy processing your feedback and evaluating whether the concept should be developed and scaled globally. With your help, we have learned that the kinetic sculpture concept provides a very positive building experience and that in general there is high demand for meaningful customization allowing for self-expression such as LEGO FORMA. A lot of you, would have liked to see more customization options as part of the LEGO FORMA experience.

Based on these key learnings, we have decided that LEGO FORMA will not be launched further in its present form. We know there is a lot of love for the concept out there, and we will make sure all our learnings are fueled into the broader organization and taken into consideration for future concepts.

We also want to take the time to send a HUGE thank you to each and every one of you for your support throughout our very first pilot and crowdfunding campaign. We have been amazed by your high level of engagement and willingness to take part in our innovation process and provide invaluable feedback on the LEGO FORMA and crowdfunding experience. The key learning objective of this pilot was to learn, and your overwhelming amount of feedback makes this pilot an absolute success. Piloting has proved itself as a great way of getting new learnings and real-time input from our users. Going forward we hope to maximize the benefits of piloting and try out new innovations.

If you are located in the UK and want to try the LEGO FORMA experience, we have a limited amount of UK boxes available for sale here.

Please do not hesitate reaching out to us in the comments section or at our support address [email protected] if you have any questions.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy 2020!

With appreciation and passion,
The LEGO FORMA team

Edited by Dr Jedi

On 12/18/2019 at 7:29 PM, superlegolover said:

Since lego stopped launching regional exclusive set, I would think it’s just a matter of time for it to show up here in the states 

Buy all you can. I just got this from the original Indigogo folks. I bought three of the original ones for around $60 each if I remember correct. Sold all but one of them for $250 ea. When I heard of this I bought 4 more of these sets. Yesterday you could buy up to 20 of them. I don't live in the UK but I have a good friend who is going to mail them to me. These will not come to the USA and no more will be created if the email I got this morning from Indigogo is accurate. I have no reason to believe it would not be accurate. See attached screen capture of my email from this morning.

Sorry I didn't realize Dr. Jedi posted the same letter earlier. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 4.59.05 PM.png

Edited by Gonkalin
  • Like 1

so forma has been discontinued and will be only available in the uk?

"Based on these key learnings, we have decided that LEGO FORMA will not be launched further in its present form. We know there is a lot of love for the concept out there, and we will make sure all our learnings are fueled into the broader organization and taken into consideration for future concepts."