Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

11 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

It’s all about weight. If there are a bunch of plates and they don’t do the normal BS of substituting 1 big plate w/ 5 small ones + pieces to connect them, then I could see it. However, I agree that this set will likely be overpriced

Plates and long technic beams for something like this. Surprised the original was only 3096 pieces, would have expected more than that. 

https://brickset.com/sets/10030-1/Imperial-Star-Destroyer

On 8/13/2019 at 2:29 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I get "No Picture" error...can anyone else see the images.

The irony here is that no one here really needs to see the pictures...just the description alone says it all

NO!  when I worked at a comic book store, it was so frustrating trying to order toys/merchandise for movies.  You had to order and carry, but you could never see to judge quality or content.  They don't want any spoilers.

And look at Endgame sets.  They were generic and really didn't have anything to do with the story.  I expect these are similar.  This more "movie specific" set to come out January 1 or March 1 (after the spoiler period has been exhausted).

Edited by Goofball814

On 8/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, terrymc4677 said:

1771 pieces described as "Yoda". Must be a bust, unless it's a Dagobah playset. That might be the only set in this wave worth keeping an eye on. $100 retail, so I'm leaning towards a bust. Lots of cheese slopes.

7194 Yoda UCS - 1075 pieces.  Rumor was a replacement Yoda UCS.  This would be roughly the same size as recent BB-8 and Porg sets, as you said, with a lot of cheese slopes.

This years star wars have been the worst ever in my opinion. They kicked the rehash level up a notch from the past (which I didn't even think was possible). There are a couple plain horrendous sets, such as those little hoth sets (for 60 and 30 USD). Those are the two worst SW I have ever seen. Then they did that stupid little rey vs revan tree battle and now I can't decide which one is the worst between that and the hoth crap. The 20th anniversary sets are alright, but yet again they are all redos. Sadly the boxes are the coolest part. Tantive and Star Destroyer as UCS will sell well, but it devalues the older ones and pisses off the collectors, including myself. Even though I don't have a 10030 or 10019 I don't want re-releases. 

The "triple" promo may be a miss for me. Depending on the price point there may not be any thing that I want to get any promos. Rant over

9 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

This years star wars have been the worst ever in my opinion. They kicked the rehash level up a notch from the past (which I didn't even think was possible). There are a couple plain horrendous sets, such as those little hoth sets (for 60 and 30 USD). Those are the two worst SW I have ever seen. Then they did that stupid little rey vs revan tree battle and now I can't decide which one is the worst between that and the hoth crap. The 20th anniversary sets are alright, but yet again they are all redos. Sadly the boxes are the coolest part. Tantive and Star Destroyer as UCS will sell well, but it devalues the older ones and pisses off the collectors, including myself. Even though I don't have a 10030 or 10019 I don't want re-releases. 

The "triple" promo may be a miss for me. Depending on the price point there may not be any thing that I want to get any promos. Rant over

Conversely, my 5 year old couldn't be more excited about those hoth sets and the endor set because he gets to fire missiles at real targets and blow things up. So it's just possible we're not the target market. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mudcatsfan said:

Conversely, my 5 year old couldn't be more excited about those hoth sets and the endor set because he gets to fire missiles at real targets and blow things up. So it's just possible we're not the target market. 

My 7yo kid loves them as well. His favorite is the AT-AT. Building Lego, having missiles to shoot at them, and then having them blow up or tip over ticks all the boxes for kids around that age. We are definitely not the target market for those specific sets.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, exracer327 said:

LEGO mgr and I were discussing the same thing.  We were wondering if it'll have play features with several minifigures much like new Tantive IV and MF.

I would be shocked if it didn't come with features and figures. Maybe even a micro Falcon to hide on the back and disengage with the garbage.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.fa8bab682d26b1107400bce3fa53834f.png

Yoda, the new face of Zoloft.

He looks like he's been hit by many of the side effects...

Common side effects of Zoloft include: diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dyspepsia, fatigue, insomnia, loose stools, nausea, tremor, headache, paresthesia, anorexia, decreased libido, delayed ejaculation, diaphoresis, ejaculation failure, and xerostomia.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3