Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

• 1 month later...

Was reading some "leaked" info online about the 2019 20th Anniversary sets.  It detailed what throwback minifigure would be in each set, and from what throwback set that minifigure was modeled after.  I grabbed old images from Brickset to make this graphic.  I can't say I'm super excited about any of them but I AM looking forward to seeing box art come leak out in the next couple months.

20th Anniversary.png

2 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

The Lando re-release will hurt a bit 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw105

I wonder how close it will be to the original. I imagine it will have a new cape. Lego is quickly making me stop collecting everything now. Remake sets check remake figs check. Not sure what the purpose of remaking figs since the old figurs looked terrible. 

1 hour ago, stackables said:

I wonder how close it will be to the original. I imagine it will have a new cape. Lego is quickly making me stop collecting everything now. Remake sets check remake figs check. Not sure what the purpose of remaking figs since the old figurs looked terrible. 

maybe the cost of R&D for new figures and sets have reached a point where LEGO needs to be selective on where to put the R&D resources; but they still have a quota of sets that need to be filled for all their active lines so re-makes are the obvious option

19 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Of course Lando is in the new Snowspeeder. These are all kinds of mixed up regarding which ones would be better fits in the sets.

I thought that myself...

Some pictures online show the back of the figures imprinted with a 20th Anniversary emblem.  So not 'direct' remake, at least there's something new about it.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, stackables said:

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia.  After seeing Star Wars in the mid '90s, my childhood self quickly commenced building all manner of multicolored Star Wars ships.  then in '99 the official Star Wars sets dropped and even though I was starting to head into my dark ages...the first couple waves of original SW sets are forever in my mind.  I remember getting Luke, Ben Kenobi and the blue lightsaber in the original landspeeder set and just thinking that they where the coolest minifigs ever.

7110 Landspeeder (bricklink)

These are powerful things to exploit and I have never fully warmed to the flesh colored minifigs... so seeing these makes me want to go buy all the classic star wars sets :P ....so it definitely works.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, stackables said:

listed and sold on amazon a bunch of SW from my personal collection, 75054,75055, 75142, 75058 and others

9 minutes ago, wegj15 said:

So what do we know about this Dallow Finch minifig as replacement in the Reistence Bomber according to Hothbricks? It doesnt make mich sense for Lego to replace a figure in a older set, what will it do to the value if anything, also the replaced figure. Has anyone seen it? Its a curious thing.

Read a bit about this on Instagram yesterday, the first I'd heard of it.  One person commented that they actually had the replacement figure, that they opened and built the set and didn't realize until after that the figure didn't match the picture on the box.  Haven't much beyond that.

5 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Read a bit about this on Instagram yesterday, the first I'd heard of it.  One person commented that they actually had the replacement figure, that they opened and built the set and didn't realize until after that the figure didn't match the picture on the box.  Haven't much beyond that.

hmm, wonder what seal-codes they started including the replacement fig. The ones I have are all 2017 editions; 33-45 R7.