UCS 2013

StarCityBrickCompany

Maybe the 3 current UCS sets are all they plan on doing in 2013.

No new release would be the biggest surprise, but I couldn't see that happening. There are some collectors who only buy the UCS sets, so I can't see Lego not giving them something new to spend their money on - we should know soon. I do hope that they don't start re-releasing the same ones, but I think it might be inevitable.

Last year the rumors were out in January (or earlier) about R2 and the b-wing, with the official announcements in March and July. The first R2 pics were accidentally leaked out by TLG in Feb. How is that different than this year? We've known about the new X-wing and the ewok village set since at least the Dec/Jan timeframe. No pics yet, which is no different than before. They're coming - be patient.

As much as investors hate it, I think a rerelease of the Millennium Falcon UCS is going to happen within 5-10 years. Lego has grown significantly since then, and if they decided to launch an anniversary edition I wouldn't be surprised. They have a consumer base now that would love to get their hands on it, so I can't see a reason why they wouldn't?

As much as investors hate it, I think a rerelease of the Millennium Falcon UCS is going to happen within 5-10 years. Lego has grown significantly since then, and if they decided to launch an anniversary edition I wouldn't be surprised. They have a consumer base now that would love to get their hands on it, so I can't see a reason why they wouldn't?

I agree, though depending on if the MF is included in the new trilogy, but positively for sure eventually in the Solo Spin-Offs I see Lego choosing a new design over an actual reissue of the same exact thing, but pretty close, with all new Minifigs to boot for whatever movie the MF will used from.

Maybe a dumbed down version. That was a 50th Anniversary set. I really don't think they would redo the same sized set. Either way, a MISB First Edition 10179 is a rare set and getting rarer every day.

Maybe a dumbed down version. That was a 50th Anniversary set. I really don't think they would redo the same sized set. Either way, a MISB First Edition 10179 is a rare set and getting rarer every day.

By re-release, I think we both meant the same ships - not a reissue of the same exact set.

They might. I guess the X-Wing will be the first test of the re-do theory.

Regarding UCS, I'm surprised the Slave 1 wasn't done yet.

I am not a huge fan of Bounty Hunters in SW, but I agree that the set has had so many remakes that there should be a Slave 1 by now.

UCS Republic Cruiser would be awesome. There have been a few minimodels and midi sized sets, but a UCS would be an awesome display since not all the pieces are gray, unlike the SSD, which is fairly similar.

I don't have dozens of UCS Falcons squirreled away so it doesn't really affect me, but I think that would be highly unlikely since in the next 5-10 years there are going to be at least 3 new Star Wars movies. As much as OT people hate it, the new stories will be the focus of Star Wars for the foreseeable future, not the OT -- and Lego will go along with whatever new products are introduced into the saga, minifig scale and otherwise.

As much as OT people hate it, the new stories will be the focus of Star Wars for the foreseeable future, not the OT -- and Lego will go along with whatever new products are introduced into the saga, minifig scale and otherwise.

Not true, Spin-Offs will include stand-alones of Yoda, Bobba Fett, and Han Solo. I find it hard to believe that Disney will not somehow include in a Han Solo film how Solo received the MF from Lando, and that it will not make an appearance, as the MF is probably the most iconic ship from the series. I also believe that we will at the very least see the MF receive a cameo in the new trilogy ,and I would not be suprised if it was atleast featured heavily in one of the films.

Disney knows that the OT and the characters within are where the money is for that franchise, which is why they are spending movies on Stand-Alones, and producing a new trilogy off of the original. New characters will be introduced, but the ones everyone grew up on and love will also be their too.

Not true, Spin-Offs will include stand-alones of Yoda, Bobba Fett, and Han Solo. I find it hard to believe that Disney will not somehow include in a Han Solo film how Solo received the MF from Lando, and that it will not make an appearance, as the MF is probably the most iconic ship from the series. I also believe that we will at the very least see the MF receive a cameo in the new trilogy ,and I would not be suprised if it was atleast featured heavily in one of the films.

Disney knows that the OT and the characters within are where the money is for that franchise, which is why they are spending movies on Stand-Alones, and producing a new trilogy off of the original. New characters will be introduced, but the ones everyone grew up on and love will also be their too.

I know there's going to be OT characters in the "individual" movies -- I just meant that the OT timeline is not going to be the Lego focus from the release of Ep.7 on, just because none of the new SW movies are going to be set in the 4-6 timeline. I mean think about it. Any Yoda, Boba, or Han story will likely take place pre-ANH, and with Yoda possibly a lot earlier. That's all I'm saying.

I know there's going to be OT characters in the "individual" movies -- I just meant that the OT timeline is not going to be the Lego focus from the release of Ep.7 on, just because none of the new SW movies are going to be set in the 4-6 timeline. I mean think about it. Any Yoda, Boba, or Han story will likely take place pre-ANH, and with Yoda possibly a lot earlier. That's all I'm saying.

It all comes down to what Disney wants. And I suspect we will see a lot of the old stuff from the OT in the new trilogy as well as the Spin-Offs. Yes their will be new characters, and ships, because lets face it, these films are not being made just to show on the big screen or on your TV. But for merchandise as well. And new characters and such is a way to do it.

However, the MF should have a pretty big role in atleast one of the new trilogy films by being one of the main ships until it is destroyed, as well as being featured in pre-New Hope. A scene featuring Lando giving the ship to Solo has to be included in his film, and likely Chewbaccas introduction to Solo.

All these things will be included in Legos line. Redoing a MF by updating the ship to what it will appear as, either a newer ship, (Solo Spin-Off) or a more damaged older ship that he and/or his children fly in the new trilogy saves the company a large amount of money from creating something from scratch. After that, Lego just needs to refill the box with a updated Solo and whoever is flying in the new ship, slap a big price on it, and people are going to pay the price. Especially those who missed out on the original Falcon, and who have no desire to pay the large sums of money for the vintage set vs one that is slighty tweaked and some new minis to go with it.

It all comes down to what Disney wants. And I suspect we will see a lot of the old stuff from the OT in the new trilogy as well as the Spin-Offs. Yes their will be new characters, and ships, because lets face it, these films are not being made just to show on the big screen or on your TV. But for merchandise as well. And new characters and such is a way to do it.

However, the MF should have a pretty big role in atleast one of the new trilogy films by being one of the main ships until it is destroyed, as well as being featured in pre-New Hope. A scene featuring Lando giving the ship to Solo has to be included in his film, and likely Chewbaccas introduction to Solo.

All these things will be included in Legos line. Redoing a MF by updating the ship to what it will appear as, either a newer ship, (Solo Spin-Off) or a more damaged older ship that he and/or his children fly in the new trilogy saves the company a large amount of money from creating something from scratch. After that, Lego just needs to refill the box with a updated Solo and whoever is flying in the new ship, slap a big price on it, and people are going to pay the price. Especially those who missed out on the original Falcon, and who have no desire to pay the large sums of money for the vintage set vs one that is slighty tweaked and some new minis to go with it.

Ah, memories... I recall all the speculation in 1998 and 99 about what people THOUGHT ep.1 was going to be about as well. Don't forget, Lucas may not be directing, but he is writing the new trilogy story so Disney really has no say in the matter there. I don't know any more than anyone else but we all know George does what he wants. It will definitely be interesting, and as I said, I'm looking forward to the new trilogy especially.

Ah, memories... I recall all the speculation in 1998 and 99 about what people THOUGHT ep.1 was going to be about as well. Don't forget, Lucas may not be directing, but he is writing the new trilogy story so Disney really has no say in the matter there. I don't know any more than anyone else but we all know George does what he wants. It will definitely be interesting, and as I said, I'm looking forward to the new trilogy especially.

I heard that Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3) has already finished the script and that is going to be what is used. Obviously there is a difference between a script and a story, but I thought Lucas wanted to pass the torch? Either way, with JJ Abrams directing, it will definitely be an awesome film, especially since he is actually a Star Wars fan before Star Trek. I am excited for the new movies simply because of what Disney has done with Marvel.

Michael Arndt is the writer for 7, between he, JJ, and Disney they will be the ones deciding what actually goes on. Lucas gets a writing credit for coming up with the characters from the past but I believe he is nothing more than a consultant. I just find it hard to believe that these scenes will not be included.

Michael Arndt is the writer for 7, between he, JJ, and Disney they will be the ones deciding what actually goes on. Lucas gets a writing credit for coming up with the characters from the past but I believe he is nothing more than a consultant. I just find it hard to believe that these scenes will not be included.

I could be wrong, but George has never written the script on any of the Star Wars movies. In every interview I've heard about the subject, he indicates that he always writes like a five page treatment. The chosen scriptwriter always fills in the details. However it is finalized, as long as it has that Star Wars "feel" to it, I think most fans will be pleased.