Question for the staff...

silmon

A question for the fantastic staff, why not put some function available to download massively data LEGO sets in TOTAL or divided by the THEME or own BRICKFOLIO ? Maybe as xls file or csv file or simply txt file.... It would be useful for future offline reference, to compare similar but belonging to different years, etc. ... It should have only basic information such as code, theme, year of release, number of pieces, out of production/in production, selling price and current market value.... What about ? All the best.

So you want to be able to download the each year or each theme, etc into excel. Is that your overall goal? I guess I am just trying to get a better idea of what you would do with it. The other thing is, I am not sure how many people really need this at this moment. I am working on some big projects right now and need to figure out if do I add this feature, how many people will really need it and use it. You can also download a LEGO database at bricklink if you are mostly looking for sets/themes/pieces

I'm looking for a friendly export of ALL LEGO data + economics data..... I wonder an input mask in wich I can select a theme (just one or all themes...) and have a list with THEME/CODE/RELEASE YEAR/NUMBER OF PIECES/RETAIL PRICE/MARKET PRICE Yes...I could use bricklink but I need economic values too such as retail price and "actual" market value...Do Bricklink export do that ? Anyway...I'll prefer live here :-)

We are not really allowed to make all economic data available. There was a lot of discussion about the brickfolio export as well and that may even change. If people are creating dummy accounts to fill up a brickfolio with all the sets to export, I will be forced to disable that feature. There are just a ton of rules with this stuff, and they enforce it heavily. The questions are mostly from ebay data provider. What will do with this information? You would need to help me give an argument to these guys as to why its valuable to our members? The bottom line is, we "lease" this information and pay a lot for it, but in their eyes, the economics data does not just transfer equally to the members for free.

I Understand and I agree with You but no "evil" goal in my request... Just a tool to analize a possible beahvior based on historical data of similar sets... Nothing else... Just some analysis like... Set XXX from 1996 has 1500 pieces....it was 10 at retail and now it's 50 Set ZZZZ from 2012 has 1600 pieces (similar so...) and it costs 30.....wich growth can I aspect from this set ? Hope to be clear...my english is so not good....

Well then explain what you are looking to build and then maybe i can put it into the reports for each set, or another page that will help you find what you are looking for. What are the datapoints involved that I can use to build a chart, or output. Sounds like it can be something good. It could become another feature without you having to do the heavy work.

Have you used the compare tool we have here? Maybe i can update that a bit to help find the sets you are looking to compare? But that kind of gives you the data you are looking for.. http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/compare.cfm Just put in the sets and see what happens. Maybe what you are saying is to help you pick the sets, you would put in filters like year, piece count. I think this sounds more like the Advanced Query system that people have asked for.