Which set is most likely to retire in the next six months?

Baragon

Question

I’m about to go on a spending freeze and won’t be buying any new sets until Father’s Day. I am making one more purchase and think it would be best to pick up a set that might be retired by the summer. I’ve been reading the retirement speculation thread, but haven’t seen talk about any of these sets except for the train.

Which is the following do you think will retire in the next six months?

-Old Fishing Store

-Winter Train (I’d prefer to buy this next winter but worry it won’t be around).

-Parisian Restaurant (I assume this will be the next modular to retire).

Thanks for looking into your crystal ball. I’ve only been building for a year and I’m trying to learn the patterns.

12 answers to this question

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, marcandre said:

42056 911 Turns 2 years old in July. Could vanish this summer or last until the end of the year. Over 2 years for Technic is rare. 

Probably the most over-hoarded large set to date? judging buy the failure of the Unimog, I see tears ahead for the 911 which is why I'm not investing in it.

Just now, marcandre said:

So there is no room to suggest a set that may retire in 6 months? :mda:Come on Val, I was just trying to be helpful suggesting the 911. It could actually retire unlike the other 3. 

Don´t you like the retiring soon open speculation thread? ;)

BTW the train is actually retired in Europe but will return in October.

27 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Probably the most over-hoarded large set to date? judging buy the failure of the Unimog, I see tears ahead for the 911 which is why I'm not investing in it.

So if I want one to build, what is a good price do you think to wait for? Clearance for EOL discounts?

Regarding OP's question. Possibly Moana sets. Smaller sets but might have good return if they hesitate to produce more of the character. Only 2 sets and 41149 is hard to find. Each set has a different minifig appearance and only 1 has Maui. Just a guess.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

In Australia the 911 is always discounted, I’ve even seen people selling them on FB groups for $200 less than retail.
There seem to be an abundance of brick banks/ detectives/ assembly squares even after Christmas hence why I didn’t go in for palace cinemas (I also learnt my lesson after pet shop)