SW Rogue One Sets: Investment picks?

eliminator

With many of the Rogue One sets starting to retire, are there any that are worth stocking up on? Given the obvious OT tie-in, I'm optimistically optimistic that at least a few of these sets have investment potential (of course, if purchased at the right price). Thoughts on this list?

-Low risk, safe sets: AT-ST, Y-Wing

-Medium Risk: TIE Striker, U-Wing, Battle-packs

-High Risk: Battle on Scarif, Imperial Assault Hovertank

*Wild card: Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (probably never to see a remake?)

20 minutes ago, eliminator said:

With many of the Rogue One sets starting to retire, are there any that are worth stocking up on? Given the obvious OT tie-in, I'm optimistically optimistic that at least a few of these sets have investment potential (of course, if purchased at the right price). Thoughts on this list?

-Low risk, safe sets: AT-ST, Y-Wing

-Medium Risk: TIE Striker, U-Wing, Battle-packs

-High Risk: Battle on Scarif, Imperial Assault Hovertank

*Wild card: Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (probably never to see a remake?)

I think we need to break it down into two lots; retired and still on the market.

The most popular sets (Krennic,, Y Wing and U wing) are going to last till at least the summer so there is no point in stocking up unless the price is excellent as they will doubtless be on clearance.

Of the rest, AT ST seemed a good choice but is already partially remade for TLJ.

I´d avoid the others unless at least 70% off as they are all unremarkable. I notice you didn´t mention the Constraction figures. KS20 might do ok but the rest are complete turds.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´d avoid the others unless at least 70% off as they are all unremarkable. I notice you didn´t mention the Constraction figures. KS20 might do ok but the rest are complete turds.

I liked the Baze figure but the price never got low enough for me to bite.

I think we need to break it down into two lots; retired and still on the market.
The most popular sets (Krennic,, Y Wing and U wing) are going to last till at least the summer so there is no point in stocking up unless the price is excellent as they will doubtless be on clearance.
Of the rest, AT ST seemed a good choice but is already partially remade for TLJ.

AT-ST never made it past Christmas here. The TLJ one is no competition, and blocks the possibility of TLG making another complete one anytime soon. Feeling good about it, and if I get a chance to buy more (I have a few from B&N at 40% off) I definitely will. Only issue is that they are completely wiped from all retailers around me.

AT-ST never made it past Christmas here. The TLJ one is no competition, and blocks the possibility of TLG making another complete one anytime soon. Feeling good about it, and if I get a chance to buy more (I have a few from B&N at 40% off) I definitely will. Only issue is that they are completely wiped from all retailers around me.

AtST also only set with Baze. He is a main character so is a MUST have for people collecting rouge one minifigures. That will help drive this set
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Were there any main characters in that film? People likely only remember the girl, Vader and Krennic.

I'd say baze, chirrut and k2-so also pretty memorable.

Really Cassian Andor and Bodhi Rook are pretty much central to the film but probably won't be remembered that well.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'd say baze, chirrut and k2-so also pretty memorable.

Really Cassian Andor and Bodhi Rook are pretty much central to the film but probably won't be remembered that well.

I reckon it´s like Fast and Furious, people got lost with so many bit playing characters and being a standalone movie, they couldn´t develop them in they way that franchise has.

Ask most people what they remember about the film and they will probably say the last ten minutes with the explosion and the vader scene.

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I'm still perplexed that Lego didn’t release a set based on the AT- ACT (AT-AT).  It would have prob been one of the more better performing sets before and after retirement.

I'm more perplexed by the fact the ship that was the title of the film wasn't released.

While it was featured for 30 seconds, the hammerhead corvette was one of the most impactful (<-- yeah, I know) ships in the film.  I would been all over a AT ACT, imperial cargo shuttle, and a corvette.  Having said this, most of the R1 sets are still great builds and I remain confident these will be popular for years to come.

• Haha 1

Quick summary, all Rogue One sets below. The ones in red are retired on EU Czech e-shop:

75119    Sergeant Jyn Erso
75120    K-2SO
75121    Imperial Death Trooper
75523    Scarif Stormtrooper
75524    Chirrut Imwe
75255    Baze Malbus

75152    Imperial Hovertank
75153    AT-ST Walker
75154    Star Wars - Tie Fighter

75155    U-Wing Fighter 
75156    Krennic's Imperial Shuttle 

75164    Rebel Trooper Battle Pack