Help Identifying Sets

seapotato

Question

14 answers to this question

Bought a new bulk lot today with no minifigures. There were a lot of prebuilt chunks in it and need some help. I recognized bits of geonosian cannon and duel on geonosis so there was some star wars in there.

I need some help identifying these builds, if they actually belong to any set. Thanks!3524a750b57728bddca7670fcb9fe766.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

A correction on the bottom right (I'm  sure it was just a typo), but it should be https://brickset.com/sets/9442-1 Jay's Storm Fighter Jet

A quick primer on how I I use brickstock to i.d. stuff like this:  load in a few of the unique pieces into an inventory list, and then highlight groups that I think belong together.  The software then shows which sets have all of the pieces highlighted.  It makes it much easier to ID the sets, although it helps to know the bricklink colors and names of the parts.

• Like 3

brickstock uses the bricklink inventory database.  If your eyes are strong (errr, young?) enough, you may be able to make out the small numbers molded into the bottom of each piece.  One of the numbers there is the part number, the others refer to color/lot during production and storage.  Bricklink usually uses the part number printed on the piece.  brickstock has a nice filter function where one can enter the part number and/or brick size  to limit the choices presented.  If I cant recall the exact name of a piece, I'll call up a set that I know has it (at least shape, if not color) and get the part number that way.

I also use brickstock to track set reconstitution: load up the set inventory, and then remove parts from it as I find them in the bulk lot.  At the end, I'll have a list of missing parts which I can upload to bricklink as a wish list. ?

Parsing bulk lots can be a lot of fun.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! I've never even thought of reverse engineering it, usually because I don't normally get built sets. I'm going to try this time since the bricks definitely need a bath (soooo much dust) and there were quite a few built chunks and I can wash by set. Darn, I was hoping brickstock was an app I could download onto my phone or tablet. My laptop isn't functioning right now

brickstock uses the bricklink inventory database.  If your eyes are strong (errr, young?) enough, you may be able to make out the small numbers molded into the bottom of each piece.  One of the numbers there is the part number, the others refer to color/lot during production and storage.  Bricklink usually uses the part number printed on the piece.  brickstock has a nice filter function where one can enter the part number and/or brick size  to limit the choices presented.  If I cant recall the exact name of a piece, I'll call up a set that I know has it (at least shape, if not color) and get the part number that way.

I also use brickstock to track set reconstitution: load up the set inventory, and then remove parts from it as I find them in the bulk lot.  At the end, I'll have a list of missing parts which I can upload to bricklink as a wish list. 

Parsing bulk lots can be a lot of fun.  Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk