75205 - Mos Eisley Cantina (2018)

roxio

On 12/12/2017 at 1:08 AM, southcollector13 said:

Nearly 400 pieces and $39.99 RRP? Probably has the weight of a 250 piece set from 2010. Best thing Lego does for themselves is publish the piece count instead of the weight on the box. More tiny pieces = more $$$

TLG strategy: Use two 1x4 bricks rather than one 2x4, as it makes production cheaper. Then, charge more for the set because it has more pieces.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:00 AM, eliminator said:

I wonder if this set would work as an add on/expansion to 75052...

It looks like it's a brick taller.  ...and there's also some weird knob feature on the side, so i'm not so, but i'm sure it could easily be moc'd together without too much trouble, and just by adding a round of bricks to 75052. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, cladner said:

first thought was unprintable.

second lets turn that frown upside down thought was, can this somehow be added-on, incorporated into 75052's build to make it better or possibly 2x 75052 plus one of these?  

please, for the love of mercy,  ANYTHING to make 75052 go up in price - worst sw performer of 2014 for sure.  even lowly b-wing is clobbering.

AGREED! However, I got in at $49 USD for the Cantina so I'm not losing anything but I am still surprised I don't get ANY interest at 97 bucks plus shipping on Ebay. It appears to be 128 on Prime right now.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, eliminator said:

Agreed. 75052 is a fantastic set. Has a little bit of everything...

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, damnsanders said:

75052 blows this one out of the water. I was worried at first (sitting on a few 75052s) but after seeing this set, not anymore.

I thought so too. Maybe this set will become more appreciated now that you can get Wuher to serve drinks. They go well together, despite the waste of an extra Greedo & Han. The rest is needed.

Finish the other half of the bar

More booths

Cool new Pod (film accurate looking)

Cool new trooper

Half the cost, and thankfully no wasted Luke Speeder that we ALL have by now.

Now imagine if they did a battle pack with say, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, Dr Evazan, and some other Random Alien, and the buildable is another table.

They could do that 2 or 3 or 4 times and I think SW fans would eat it up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Val-E said:

My call is it will retire in the winter from SAH. They will have made quite a few and the warehouse will be full.

If it lasts that long.  I'll bet they cut production as soon as TRU announced all stores closing.  As a TRU exclusive, LEGO is loosing the majority of their market place for this one set.

5 hours ago, exracer327 said:

If it lasts that long.  I'll bet they cut production as soon as TRU announced all stores closing.  As a TRU exclusive, LEGO is loosing the majority of their market place for this one set.

They may already have made all the sets they are going to. Perhaps it´s worth making a list of all the 2018 TRU exclusives to see which other sets could be affected.

• Like 2

I had this thought as well, so I ran to TRU since we still had points and a gift card to burn, and decided to buy one just in case.  Also, grabbed last years Jedi Starfighter with Obi-wan and Jango Fett.  In both cases, they were the last ones at the store, and only one copy left of each.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this one on shop at home.  I'm sure there will be stock out there, but it might not get another production run.

A reminder to non US/UK citizens that our TRU´s are still alive and happily over-charging for this already over-priced set, so there is no need to panic. 375 parts for 40 USD is just about acceptable, but we get hit for 55 euros and TRU tax price is 60 euros, so it´s no wonder there are plenty in stock.

In Germany, it´s currently on sale at 40 euros and limited to 1 unit per order.

There are still plenty of the previous Cantina out there at around RRP, so it´s hard to make an investment case unless there is a really swift retirement, which won´t happen for us.

Edited by Val-E