LEGO STAR WARS SUMMER 2013

Blackjack

I am getting tired of all these remakes. I will be especially incredulous if the UCS X-Wing turns out to be real. There are still a ton of sets that have never been made! Before a UCS remake of the X-Wing, how about an A-wing? The Slave I? A regular Tie Fighter? Even a T-16 Skyhopper? There are lots of ships that haven't gotten the UCS treatment yet. As for regular sets, there are tons of settings that haven't been covered (or adequately covered) yet. A large Cantina set, Ben Kenobi's hut, or the Mos Eisley spaceport. A hoth set of an ion cannon and/or power generator (rather than more Hoth "bases"). Some sets that are based on scenes on Yavin or Dagobah. There is still lots of untapped potential and that is just from the Original Trilogy!

I am getting tired of all these remakes. I will be especially incredulous if the UCS X-Wing turns out to be real. There are still a ton of sets that have never been made! Before a UCS remake of the X-Wing, how about an A-wing? The Slave I? A regular Tie Fighter? Even a T-16 Skyhopper? There are lots of ships that haven't gotten the UCS treatment yet.

As for regular sets, there are tons of settings that haven't been covered (or adequately covered) yet. A large Cantina set, Ben Kenobi's hut, or the Mos Eisley spaceport. A hoth set of an ion cannon and/or power generator (rather than more Hoth "bases"). Some sets that are based on scenes on Yavin or Dagobah.

There is still lots of untapped potential and that is just from the Original Trilogy!

+1

The 18 different x-wings that lego has already made isn't good enough?

:)

Can never have too much of a good thing.

you must be new here lol ;)

Yes, how could you tell?

It was a bit of sarcasm, but if they were to remake any of the UCS I wouldn't mind them doing the X-Wing. I would think you would want to do it more around the 15th anniversary though. Either way, I do agree that there are plenty of things they could do first. I might be the only one, but I would really like to see them start to branch out and start doing UCS outside of Star Wars. Anyone else feel this way?

I am getting tired of all these remakes. I will be especially incredulous if the UCS X-Wing turns out to be real. There are still a ton of sets that have never been made! Before a UCS remake of the X-Wing, how about an A-wing? The Slave I? A regular Tie Fighter? Even a T-16 Skyhopper? There are lots of ships that haven't gotten the UCS treatment yet.

As for regular sets, there are tons of settings that haven't been covered (or adequately covered) yet. A large Cantina set, Ben Kenobi's hut, or the Mos Eisley spaceport. A hoth set of an ion cannon and/or power generator (rather than more Hoth "bases"). Some sets that are based on scenes on Yavin or Dagobah.

There is still lots of untapped potential and that is just from the Original Trilogy!

Yes - The never ending remakes (of remakes) have (in my opinion) been largely to blame for the decline in demand for Star Wars sets (both the new & out of production sets).

As someone who likes both building and collecting my thought is, as long as they keep improving the set and don't overdue the recycling of it, I tend not to get to worked up about it. After all, the majority of these sets are directed at kids, and as much as I feel like a kid when I see an old classic set I have always wanted, I can actually afford them now, most kids can't. So as much as it upsets the investor, as long as the market is around, they will continue to produce for the new generations of lego fans. And that is something I feel we should all be thankful for.

Brickset has some good pictures they put out today.Ok, thanks! Some of the sets look decent, though most of the "new" ones are from the Clone Wars TV show. In my opinion, the vehicles, buildings, scenes, characters in the Clone Wars are a bit blah-ish. Here is my personal review of the different sets that stuck out to me:

-The new Mandolarians look awesome, with the new black armor, however!

-The Lego versions of Star Wars scenes from the Original Trilogy are awesome as usual.

-Anyone know anything about those "Old Republic vs. Sith" sets? They aren't in any movies or TV shows, so I am not sure about the market-ability of them. Some of the minifigs are a little funny looking, ie, the 75018 Jek-14's Starfighter blue stormtrooper guy.

-The new AT-TE looks decent, especially since it looks like it will be going for $90. New gray-looking Jedi who and a regular looking Mace Windu.

-Republic Gunship looks really similar to the old versions. $119 so it will have to have a good discount for me to buy it.

-Advent Calender has a bunch of the old minifigs except for "Exclusive Jango Fett" + Boba Fett in a Santa suit.

Here is the link where I saw all the pics:

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-lego-star-wars-images-7236/

I agree with you 1000%. The possible remake of the X-Wing is a financial winner for LEGO though. They like to reintroduce these older sets to young and new fans, giving them a chance to buy one at retail, instead of inflated secondary prices. It's smart business, but hurts the collector.

Brickset has some good pictures they put out today.Ok, thanks! Some of the sets look decent, though most of the "new" ones are from the Clone Wars TV show. In my opinion, the vehicles, buildings, scenes, characters in the Clone Wars are a bit blah-ish. Here is my personal review of the different sets that stuck out to me:

-The Lego versions of Star Wars scenes from the Original Trilogy are awesome as usual.

-Anyone know anything about those "Old Republic vs. Sith" sets? They aren't in any movies or TV shows, so I am not sure about the market-ability of them. Some of the minifigs are a little funny looking, ie, the 75018 Jek-14's Starfighter blue stormtrooper guy.

-The new AT-TE looks decent, especially since it looks like it will be going for $90. New gray-looking Jedi who and a regular looking Mace Windu.

-Republic Gunship looks really similar to the old versions. $119 so it will have to have a good discount for me to buy it.

-Advent Calender has a bunch of the old minifigs except for "Exclusive Jango Fett" + Boba Fett in a Santa suit.

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-lego-star-wars-images-7236/

I don't think the Mandalorian's gray legs look so great, they should have given them some leg printing.

I don't think the Mandalorian's gray legs look so great, they should have given them some leg printing.But their body armor does look awesome. Kind of has the same look as the helmet for "Vladek" that Chowren Toys is selling right now...

Lego must really be trying to compensate for the remake factor with the prices of these sets. The Tank Droid has about 50 more pieces than the 2009 version, better minifigs, and it's $5 cheaper! The Gunship has the same price tag as the 2008 varient, but with about 150 more pieces.

Most of the remakes have had more pieces, not just recently. For example:

-The SW Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator released in 2011 had 479 pieces and costed $69.99 (though this was constantly on sale and easy to get for less that $50).

-The 2007 one had 310 pieces, but only costed $29.99.

-The 1999 version had 244 pieces and also costed $29.99.

The 2011 version had double the amount of pieces, and 4 minifigures but the 1999 version had 1 minifigure.

On the other hand, the 2011 version also costed over double the price of the old one.

What I am basically am trying to say is that the remaking of sets does not necessarily mean more pieces and a better value for your pieces, but in some cases it does.