Most Expensive Minifigure EVER

chihuahualawyer

Either way, that's definitely not the most expensive minifig ever, not even close. Those 5 C-3POs have sold for between $1000 and $2000. There is some signed Green Lantern one that has gone for over $5000. There are the special one of a kind, gold, silver and bronze Boba Fett's given away by TLG on May 4th, 2010. None of those have sold on the open market, but I believe that the asking price on the silver was $20,000. There's 3 Max mascot minifigs that were made as presents for TLG execs several years ago that fetch at least $25k and have been sold in private sales. The gold C-3POs are child's play compared to some of the others that are out there. Not even close to the top. p.s. The winners of the Gold C-3POs were Andrew Hoffmann, Christopher Giancola , Elizabeth Jacome, Jason Masey, & Chris Melchin.

• Like 1

There's 3 Max mascot minifigs that were made as presents for TLG execs several years ago that fetch at least $25k and have been sold in private sales.

That is insane for somebody to pay that much money for a such a small peice of plastic. Not so much on the people who bought them, because after all if you have that much disposable income, what is $25,000 for a toy? Their is another toy company who would do employee exclusives, handmade portions of a Licensed toy, limited to under 30, and didn't do anywhere near the business, however, the actual licensed product was well known, and had a large following for decades.

Another item was done by the same company as part of a licensing agreement deal in which the person would receive 5 handpainted, and handmade portions on a carding along with a nice sum of monies. These went for under $4,000. Much less than the price to actually manufacture them. And a couple of these have been listed on eBay in the past with ending auctions staying around the same cost, so they keep their value.

It will be interesting to see however what the price point would be for these 3 once they hit the market a few times. One could easily go overseas to the Lego factory and bribe a worker with $25,000 and get an entire production run for close to the same amount. (yes that will never happen due to legal reasons at the exact factory, but the way IP, and how they take and handle IP, and counterfit our goods, one could easily get the data files, or reverse engineer (which they are brilliant for, unfortunantley the merchandise is never at production quality depending on the quality of the product you are using to reproduce the original goods) and find a factory who would have no problem doing it, but at the end, the odds are slim to almost none that this would ever happen in the first place!)

I sure hope that the top level execs who sold them, gave the money to charity from their profit on these. These are top level executives working for one of the largest toy companies around, so how much is $25,000 to them, likely close to the people who bought them. The company above who I mentioned earlier gave out warnings to their employees that these were not meant to reach the public, but as a thank you for their hard work throughout the year.

That listing is just f***ing ludicrous!

A winning bid of $2,925.99 for a normal minifigure available in a brand new set?! The set may be tricky to get for some but come on. Really? These people with all that money to spend so frivolously. Sure wish I had even a tenth of that....

• 7 years later...
15 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Never found one of these. The best I have is a Cloud City Boba Fett I found in a Ebay lot. It's in very good condition.

Missed a legit Boba in one lot. It was $3 a figure or so... Even though I was refreshing constantly for new offers every 2 minutes, someone was faster than me. Well...

4 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I have one sealed and one open to display.  

Recently found two sealed ones that I forgot I purchased on Ebay back in 2008. Trying to locate an electronic receipt to see how much I spent on them. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joch29 said:

Recently found two sealed ones that I forgot I purchased on Ebay back in 2008. Trying to locate an electronic receipt to see how much I spent on them. 

I spent too much, but it was really the only figure from SW that I didn't have that is attainable.  I purchased the opened one for a good price by today's prices and then got the opportunity to grab the sealed one from a collector downsizing and got for a good price by today's standards.  That said, still really expensive for a figure.

As for your '08 purchase, I got back into this Lego stuff in 2011 and that figure was already a couple hundred bucks sealed, so I'd guess you spent a bit less than that as the figures were probably still pretty fresh and easily attainable as those sets would have been on the shelf still and being actively opened up.

• 1 year later...

I still have mine, I have thought about selling it but I just cant pull the trigger.  It is awesome looking (at least what I've seen in pictures, I'm not opening mine)!  I was just informed there are two versions of it.  I was told there is a light and dark version of it.

two different Prints of the Lego Star Wars Chrome Gold C-3PO minifigure exist.  I had never noticed this before, but as soon as he sent me a picture and an explanation, I was able to verify that multiple versions do appear to exist.  The reader Bryan Kan is a very well known Lego Star Wars collector in Australia and he was able to provide a picture of both figures side by side so that it was clear and apparant what the differences are.

“To my knowledge the one on the left is the European/Australian version while the one on the right was from US/Canada. The white polybags are identical.”

From my research tonight on google and in my past saved pictures, it does appears that the European version is the darker one.  It is also apparent from every picture that I can find of the 1/100 limited carded prize that was awarded in Australia is also of the darker variety.

Lego-Chrome-Gold-c-3po-Star-Wars-30th-Anniversary-Edition-Dark-Print-European-variety-and-Light-Print-US-variety.jpg

Edited by jaisonline
removed link and copied content.
  • Thanks 1