UPS Rates going up ... yet again

Bold-Arrow

Dear UPS Customer,

We strive to provide you with an unmatched global portfolio and exceptional service to help you succeed. We recognize how important planning ahead is for you and your customers. Below is an overview of our 2018 rates*. You can find the other details you need on ups.com/rates.

The following changes will take effect on December 24, 2017.

The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services, as well as UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
The dimensional weight divisor for packages less than or equal to one cubic foot in size (1,728 cubic inches) will be 139 for all U.S. domestic services subject to Daily Rates or Alaska and Hawaii Rates.
Criteria and pricing for Additional Handling and Large Package surcharges will change.

For additional information, and to review the rates and other charges, visit ups.com/rates. Updated information on 2018 peak surcharges is available on ups.com/peaksurcharges. The updated UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on our website on or before December 24, 2017.

Also, if you are not already enrolled, visit ups.com/subscribeto sign up for emails on rate and service updates and regulatory changes. You can sign up for newsletters, shipping tips or other information from UPS as well.

As a valued customer, we offer supply chain consultations with our Customer Solutions team to help identify efficiencies within your business. In addition, our UPS Packaging Solutions Group can review and optimize your packaging for size and strength to help ensure your packages arrive safely to your customers.

Thank you for entrusting us with your business. We look forward to continuing to find innovative ways to support your future success.

*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement.

I actively avoid UPS whether im the one buying or selling. 

I have been very impressed with USPS's service throughout the last decade I've done business with them. I've only ever lost one shipped parcel, and it was a small envelope to Canada that got to the boarder - wasn't even their fault. 

My biggest problems have stemmed from poor packaging by other sellers. I think the only thing UPS might do better is extremely heavy orders, cost wise. 

Edited by Muffin Cup

UPS has always been the most expensive or at least the most stingy when it comes to discount/incentives for negotiated rates.

I feel most business shippers would argue that UPS to USPS isn't a very apples to apples comparison. There is a reason why USPS rates are so much cheaper. You get what you pay for.

That being said, I do agree that USPS service has been surprisingly good the last few years and is by far the most cost effective shipping method.