New to town...

Hi my name is flynn, and I'm a AFOL ;)

Found this place due to some of the early postings of the new UCS MF set.  Was happy to find what looks like an active forum community with great tool integration into other Lego community tools.

I'm mostly a Star Wars Lego fan... tho I still have significant Lego assortments from my childhood (The Classic Yellow Castle, numerous Space themes, etc).  I mainly collect the Star Wars vehicles.. and the UCS stye sets.  Tho I have an affinity for almost any of the Lego vehicles (like the VW Bus).

I liked the Simpson's theme, but found I just didn't like having 'playset' only style sets around.. so sold that on.  My kids have mainly outgrown their Lego ages (only one teenager left in the house), so no more buying sets to build with them :)

I also collect the Masterpiece line of Transformers and am a long time collector/hobbyist in Pinball (I currently have 8 machines) and work on restoring/repairing games.

Here's looking to finding news and sharing interests with everyone here!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flynnibus said:

I also collect the Masterpiece line of Transformers and am a long time collector/hobbyist in Pinball (I currently have 8 machines) and work on restoring/repairing games.

We have a nice playable Pinball Museum in town. Have you done well in the upswing in interest?

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Listen sonny, I am not that old.  I grew up playing Missle Command in the local Shoprite.  

You can't be if you're 10 years younger than me!

Edited by TabbyBoy

8 minutes ago, KShine said:

We have a nice playable Pinball Museum in town. Have you done well in the upswing in interest?

I rarely sell.  Many local friends cycle games all the time and the boost in interest make it easier to sell titles on to fund the next.  The game I've owned the longest I've owned for 19 years.  It's probably worth ~3x what I paid for it.  But a newer game (Lord of the Rings) I've only owned about 4 years, and it's probably 2x what I paid for it.

The boom has taken new game prices from ~4200 bucks to 5200 bucks in just the last 3 years.. and the high end new games to over 10k!   Used titles that used to sell for $800-$1000 regularly sell for $2-3k now.  The hobby has also been heavily bolstered by new supplies of restoration parts.

The only game I've really taken advantage of is one I bought for 1k, sold for 2500.. probably could have sold for 3k if I was not eager to move it.  

My Transformers I buy mainly for my own nostolgia... tho I do have some MISB items I bought to hold.  But alas those tended to be the unpopular ones.  Transformers have been very limited supply, so not only do you have to buy right away, you tend to have to buy on pre-order 6+months out for the best prices importing from Asia.

13 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Speaking of Pinball, I suck at it.  Very frustrating.  

The skill curve is mind boggling.  The delta between say.. the top 1000 people and the top 15 people would make you think they are inhuman.

I've been in the active hobby for 25yrs including running local leagues, tournaments, etc.

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Listen sonny, I am not that old.  I grew up playing Missle Command in the local Shoprite.  

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Welcome... I also sucked at pinball, but was the school champion at Space Invaders!

Ahh Video Games - That was my first addiction.