Architecture 2018

Val-E

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The love-in with China continues in 2HY:

Great Wall: 21041 50 euros

Statue of Liberty: 21042 100 euros.

So we'll probably see a Beijing skyline too with a little Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Great Hall of the People?

It would be interesting to see how accurate the Statue of Liberty will be for "only" €100, a larger maxi-fig or brick built?

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Time for a remake, right?

If they do a remake of this one.....I will be ecstatic!! Sorry to those who are holding one....but I don't think that is many of us. 

However.....with that price point, I'm not sure that it will stack up to 3450 which was $199.99 and 2882 pieces....

Intrigued.......

5 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

If they do a remake of this one.....I will be ecstatic!! Sorry to those who are holding one....but I don't think that is many of us. 

However.....with that price point, I'm not sure that it will stack up to 3450 which was $199.99 and 2882 pieces....

Intrigued.......

Case law says that if it´s done at Architecture size, it could make it to full size within a couple of years. Good way of testing the water for the next set from the vaults but I reckon Eiffel Tower will get redone first.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

I know this has been said many times before, but I wish they would just split this into Architecture and Landmarks.

Architectural landmarks?

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

All in all it´s a pretty uninspiring year for the theme. Perhaps the worst investment potential since the Flatiron / Big Ben / Lincoln disasters of 2016.

Lincoln's hardly been a disaster for me as I've been churning them all out for £30-£35 cash from a £15 average buy-in. Anything that even reaches RRP these days is a bonus. We need some rarity and exclusivity back like the old days. Most themes have been uninspiring to be honest, especially Star Warts and Pooper Heroes.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s exactly my point. When you need the same discount on an Architecture set to move it as a Super Heroes then it is not a good investment. Trevi is going for almost 2xRRP.

Lincoln hasn't been gone all that long. Trevi has already exceeded 2x RRP as I've been getting over £80 cash for my last ones. Buying a Super Heroes set at -50% is still too risky, but OK with any architecture set (apart from the over-supplied Eiffel Tower). I think the best one could be Buckingham Palace (bundled with Hamleys' Royal Guard) as long as it has a shorter run than the Eiffel Tower. I'm planning on keeping a few unsold architecture sets aside as I fancy MOCing the Rome Colosseum and Forum since LEGO aren't capable.

5 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

If it's only 50 Euro's it can't be that great a wall? I may buy one and send it to the White House, sounds like that may be the only great wall he gets to build. 

You know what they say about people with small walls

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

So we'll probably see a Beijing skyline too with a little Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square

can we have a 1989 edition

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

You know what they say about people with small walls

can we have a 1989 edition

LOL - It'll need a few red tiles for the floor!

I can't see your point. Based on pictures I've seen (seem to be out of a chinese catalogue) I like both of them.
The Wall of China set looks maybe a bit small but very nicely sculpted terrain. And the Statue of Liberty looks very tall and detailed, as far as I can tell, the statue itself looks greyed out in the picture, only the building underneath is clearly visible.