Database Programs

mjsid

I use a custom solution. I have a pretty detailed Google spreadsheet and then I use the AppSheet add on that gives you a standalone app "wrapper".

Then I use a variety of views to input, view personal sets vs sets for sale, sets I've sold, minifigures and so on.

I have some customized scripting that brings in photos, set names, RRP, etc so I don't have to do that myself.

I use a custom solution. I have a pretty detailed Google spreadsheet and then I use the AppSheet add on that gives you a standalone app "wrapper".

Then I use a variety of views to input, view personal sets vs sets for sale, sets I've sold, minifigures and so on.

I have some customized scripting that brings in photos, set names, RRP, etc so I don't have to do that myself.

How are you bringing in the pictures?

6 hours ago, mjsid said:

What database program do you use to track your inventory?   Have you found any that can use/scan the UPC codes to automatically insert data? 

I just use Excel, but I've set it up so that I can scan UPCs in and the rest of the data that I need in the worksheet autopopulates based on the UPC.  It takes some time to get everything set up and updated, but it works very well for what I need.

• Like 1

How are you bringing in the pictures?

Brickset API. I use the XML import function. I do it on the fly, and don't store it in Google sheet. Mostly because the URLs that Brickset uses aren't 100% the same. But where they store it in the API is.

I just use Excel, but I've set it up so that I can scan UPCs in and the rest of the data that I need in the worksheet autopopulates based on the UPC.  It takes some time to get everything set up and updated, but it works very well for what I need.

I've considered that for the next iteration. But at the same time, I just type in the set number and my formulas and the APIs do the rest. If there's any time savings it would be minimal for me. But I like the idea.

Does bricklink have this as well so can grab pics and prices almost making a price guide?

There is a Bricklink API but once I settled on Brickset for my info I didn't look much into their API.

Right now, in my app, I just have hyperlinks to eBay, Bricklink and Brickpicker (of course) to the current listings, current prices, or price guide.

58 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Some of us are way too OCD and need more fields than what's here.

Then some of us are even more OCD and track them in both places. Ugh.

(Any guess what I do? Even tho I'm months behind?)

I have a sales spreadsheet, but my inventory is in a Brickfolio.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, I remove from the Brickfolio after each sale and I make periodic backups. I enter each sale into the spreadsheet. Volume hasn't killed me yet.

Ugh, that makes my head hurt thinking about doing that.  I used to do things more manually, but the volume got overwhelming.  Now it's much easier to cut and paste the Amazon sales file into a spreadsheet that automatically pulls the sold items out of a master inventory worksheet in the spreadsheet.  

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I use Excel and have written a macro to use a Desko hand-held barcode scanner to update as soon as I scan a set's 1D barcode when adding to or removing from inventory. I was given the scanner when I worked at LHR airport. Excel can do a hell of a lot more than you think.

The macro translates the barcode instantly and updates the row that corresponds with the LEGO code and description. It also adds a row if it doesn't already exist.

Please don't PM me for this as I spent weeks developing it and it's now party owned by a customer of mine - sorry.

Edited by TabbyBoy