City 2018

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

That's a point when's the last time they had an Air Ambulance Heli?

That's why I've stockpiled many of these. It's not a helicopter, but I love its potential. It is a shame that they haven't put out a decent hospital or farm in ages. Those two themes offer just as much play value as fire and police, and are a necessary part of any proper City layout.

IMG_0622.PNG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

That's why I've stockpiled many of these. It's not a helicopter, but I love its potential. It is a shame that they haven't put out a decent hospital or farm in ages. Those two themes offer just as much play value as fire and police, and are a necessary part of any proper City layout.

I've done the same. Based on my son complaining there were no ambulances to go with his fire and police sets the year before it was released.

Same here, and I know others did too. Does this make this set the most hoarded not-talked-about set ever?

• Like 2

Interesting. People say City does not appreciate, but some do. I've just bought a city bulk lot. 

It includes a 3221 LEGO City Truck. RRP I think of £25 in 2010. I bought one for display for £15 as it reminded me of the similar 1983 set. Whilst pricing up the used one I'd got as part of the bulk lot, I noted that sealed versions were selling for over £100. 

If Apollo is the most talked about but least hoarded set, then sure. I dunno which is the better case to be in, though.

1 minute ago, CNH1974 said:

Interesting. People say City does not appreciate, but some do. I've just bought a city bulk lot. 

It´s just the CITY we buy or talk about that doesn´t appreciate. All the other sets do just fine.

• Like 3

Either the blue syringes are filled with morphine, or he is being euthanized.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Val-E said:

If Apollo is the most talked about but least hoarded set, then sure. I dunno which is the better case to be in, though.

It´s just the CITY we buy or talk about that doesn´t appreciate. All the other sets do just fine.

Aaaahhhh words to live by. ?

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

There's mojo in those mining sets........ at 50% off ;-)

That's true for any of these City sub-theme sets (Arctic Explorers, Deep Sea Explorers, Volcano Explorers, Jungle Explorers ... :P) Just get them near retirement at 50% off, wait for a year after retirement, and sell them for (near) RRP.  

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

That's true for any of these City sub-theme sets (Arctic Explorers, Deep Sea Explorers, Volcano Explorers, Jungle Explorers ... :P) Just get them near retirement at 50% off, wait for a year after retirement, and sell them for (near) RRP.  

They are doing much better than that, so far.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’d be worried about where they are mining if there’s a glow in the dark spider.

I’m not into mining but they sets do look nice. Good designs. So I’m impressed with that. I see some creativity back.

The rollercoaster track and the mine car excite me - a rollercoaster must be coming.

They do look nice - although the very first thing that came on my mind (seeing that wheeled driller) was ".. thats from Nexo! (70354). So Id say that right there (the vehicle) the creativity kinda lacks.. :/

Guest TabbyBoy

TIP for UK turbo-flippers

Last year I was buying at Tesco 3-for-2 BEFORE they appeared on SaH:

24x 60151 CITY Dragster Transporters for £16.67 each and I sold 22 for £38.99 each before Xmas.

27x 60150 CITY Pizza Van for £10 each and I sold 24 for £27.99 each before Xmas.

I've not seen any 2018 CITY vehicle sets in my local Tesco branches yet, but hopefully during the next 3-for-2 (BF & CM weekend?).

Since Tesco released these sets before SaH did, buyers thought they were getting something unique ;-)

• 1 month later...

So presumably there is going to be a rehash / continuance of a CITY Arctic theme given the picture below (Discover a new City theme on 25.05.2018). It could be cool, but still another remake.. As "uneasy" it is for LEGO designers to come up with something fresh, I tried myself to "fit into their shoes" and just from the top of my head I came to the alternate possibles below - HOSPITAL THEME not mentioning.. 

municipal services (waste disposal, gardening, public care - hairsaloon, various boutiques selling fashion, music instruments, grocery etc), highway & similiar construction crew, commercial vessels + harbor + handling the cargo (cranes etc), forrest harvesting and milling saw facilities, scientifics ;division" - explorers, artefacts + museum / exhibition facilities .. and Film studios scenarios.. oh this could be a gold mine! Imagine they could cash out any possible license they own with an individual set.. 

171225 lego-city-2hy2018_2.jpg

Edited by crayxlp
  • Sad 1