10258 - London Bus

Val-E

28 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wait, what? Are they suggesting there are pieces in this build that are red versions of pieces in he Beetle build?

I'm looking at it and I don't see those pieces. So not sure what you mean.

Back of the top of the bus has the round pieces 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Whoops.

TOob2I3.jpg

I hope they sort out those awful blocky wheel arches out before release ;-)

A 10yr life like the T1 and TB?

Looks like an okay, but possibly quite repetitive build. It is not on the same level as the VW-s, but will definitely get it at some point. Do not have any room or time to build anything, so can wait. I have the feeling that I won't open a single box until I have kids if I keep working until midnight every damn day...

7 minutes ago, inversion said:

Looks like an okay, but possibly quite repetitive build. It is not on the same level as the VW-s, but will definitely get it at some point. Do not have any room or time to build anything, so can wait. I have the feeling that I won't open a single box until I have kids if I keep working until midnight every damn day...

Try to relax and not work too much, nothing worse than working too much and then jt having a detrimental effect on your health. Whenever I get stressed nothing beats putting on a podcast / audiobook and building a lego set. I just built the imperial flagship last week after a hard time at work.

• Like 2

lego-creator-expert-10258-london-bus.jpg

All aboard the London Bus!

Celebrate iconic design with this charming double-decker London Bus, featuring a wealth of authentic details, including a bright-red color scheme, panoramic windshield, specially made standard-tread tires, destination sign, and an open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the upper sightseeing deck.

Functions include an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with a sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior with worn look seating and additional authentic details, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum.

Reversible transit advertising posters are also provided as printed labels with a 1950s or present-day London promotion. This LEGO® Creator Expert model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.

The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign.

It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.

• Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck.
  • Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
  • Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
  • Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
  • Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
  • Lift the hood to access the engine.
  • Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
  • This model includes more than 1,680 pieces.
  • This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO® Creator Expert vehicle series.
  • Measures over 18cm high, 34cm long and 13cm wide.

Source:

https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-creator-expert-10258-london-bus-quil-faut-savoir/

• Like 7

Honestly not really a fan of this. I think it looks kinda rough around the edges. Some of the window pieces don't fit all that great, although that's also the case for other Creator vehicles.

Also, I know it's a bus, but all of the empty seats make it look really barren on the inside. By comparison, I think the VW Camper has a much more interesting interior.

elaborate please what do you mean by special promo?

Didn't say. All he said was get here early. It was obvious that he wasn't supposed to even say anything about the bus itself but when I showed him he designer video and the box he confirmed tomorrow and they had a limited supply and that there was a special event tomorrow and buyers would get a promo to mark event. First come, first served. Didn't say how many. Potentially could be another lester event but hopefully not a lottery. I hope he didn't mean the pig that's been given away from tomorrow. Will be well annoyed if I go in early with the kids and that's all I'll get! :-)

7 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

I hope he didn't mean the pig that's been given away from tomorrow. Will be well annoyed if I go in early with the kids and that's all I'll get! :-)

don't know who is "he" but probably this is what "he" meant. Pig starts tomorrow and its marked as a Limited Edition.

still good option to QFLL but I dont see this set in bigger picture as a great sale subject, especially outside of UK.

1 minute ago, Shewie said:

don't know who is "he" but probably this is what "he" meant. Pig starts tomorrow and its marked as a Limited Edition.

still good option to QFLL but I dont see this set in bigger picture as a great sale subject, especially outside of UK.

I think it will sell better outside the UK than in. Tourists love the old style buses.

Westfield store. I know him pretty well. Can't stand Leciester Sq. most are standard retail guys and not AFOLs. Only come across one guy who is knowledgable. I'm sure Leicester Square will have an event to mark it given that it's flag ship store but will be giving it a miss.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd glad they fixed that gap at the top of the rear wheel arch, just a shame it's not that easy to smooth out the front one. Then again, it is LEGO and I think they've done a cracking job overall. I love the play on Brixton by using "Brickston" instead. I can only imagine the enormous queues outside and chaos inside the Leicester Square store, I don't plan on going there again.

It it worth me getting back into the game to QFLL these? No, as I think competition will be rife and it's a lot of work to clear £5-£10 considering the risks on eBay these days. I think the Americans will be able to make a lot more money QFLLing these than us poor Brits.

I'll get one for myself to build, but no rush as I can wait for 2x VIP and promo.

47 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Maybe they´ll crack out some mini London Buses as the promo.

I don't think so as these sell like hot cakes as it is, why give them away? ;-)

Oh... It's on eBay UK now for £199.99 pre-order (about £25 profit after box/packing/postage/fees/tax/stress - is it worth it?)

Since LEGO appear to want to milk London as much as possible, expect the Tower Bridge to hang on for at least another 5 years ;-(

Will another CREATOR vehicle EOL to make room for this? Probably not, why should it?

Edited by TabbyBoy

I'd glad they fixed that gap at the top of the rear wheel arch, just a shame it's not that easy to smooth out the front one. Then again, it is LEGO and I think they've done a cracking job overall. I love the play on Brixton by using "Brickston" instead. I can only imagine the enormous queues outside and chaos inside the Leicester Square store, I don't plan on going there again.
It it worth me getting back into the game to QFLL these? No, as I think competition will be rife and it's a lot of work to clear £5-£10 considering the risks on eBay these days. I think the Americans will be able to make a lot more money QFLLing these than us poor Brits.
I'll get one for myself to build, but no rush as I can wait for 2x VIP and promo.
I don't think so as these sell like hot cakes as it is, why give them away? ;-)
Oh... It's on eBay UK now for £199.99 pre-order (about £25 profit after box/packing/postage/fees/tax/stress - is it worth it?)
Since LEGO appear to want to milk London as much as possible, expect the Tower Bridge to hang on for at least another 5 years ;-(
Will another CREATOR vehicle EOL to make room for this? Probably not, why should it?

Next Creator set? a5c46a409732a8f4051f95a81cdb9620.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Next Creator set?

Why not? They may as well make these too ;-)

Bendy Bus

Boris Bike

Addison Lee courier on moped

Range Rover

Toyota Prius

Emirates Cable Car

Paddington Bear Bust (RIP Michael Bond)

etc etc etc

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd glad they fixed that gap at the top of the rear wheel arch, just a shame it's not that easy to smooth out the front one.

It's exactly the same design.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can only imagine the enormous queues outside and chaos inside the Leicester Square store, I don't plan on going there again.

Highly unlikely.