Which 2016 Elves set will be the best performer?

Val-E

Which 2016 Elves set will be the best performer?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these now retired sets do you think will provide the best ROI based on RRP?

• 41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon
    • 41173 Elvendale School of Dragons
    • 41174 The Starlight Inn
    • 41176 The Secret Market Place
    • 41177 The Precious Crystal Mine
    • 41178 The Dragon Sanctuary
    • None - Elves sets are duds.

7 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Thanks for your insight, but maybe i wasnt exactly precise in my question: my question was whether you see some diametrical difference in quality / visual appearance / appeal  of the sets throughout the waves

They have been getting better and better every wave.  I liked the mini dragons and eggs better than the goblins, but think the goblins are a nice addition to the world.  And the buildable animals coming in the next wave look to build on the appeal of the dragons without just making more colors of dragons.  Honestly, it is the line with the most creativity right now.

31 minutes ago, Val-E said:

2nd year and 3rd year sets retiring this winter will suffer as resellers are now aware and have been stockpiling. We just have to see  if there is enough demand for them to go around now or not.

But also, resellers have caught on.  There are better places to spend money right now.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Thanks for your insight, but maybe i wasnt exactly precise in my question: my question was whether you see some diametrical difference in quality / visual appearance / appeal  of the sets throughout the waves

If I were a 7-year-old girl I could probably write a storybook full of differences between them. All I can see is some that will make money and others that won´t (the orange one that everyone has 99 of).

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Val-E said:

If I were a 7-year-old girl I could probably write a storybook full of differences between them. All I can see is some that will make money and others that won´t (the orange one that everyone has 99 of).

I'm very selective in buying these sets and only the ones I have faith in, and can get at a good discount, I'll add to my inventory. Though I think that's S.O.P. here. :D 

9 minutes ago, Haay said:

I'm very selective in buying these sets and only the ones I have faith in, and can get at a good discount, I'll add to my inventory. Though I think that's S.O.P. here. :D 

Yes, it is and usually guarantees that everyone buys the same sets at the same discounts and it is the handful that were overlooked that go on to do great things!

How many of us can honestly say that in March 2016 they knew Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon would be a home run?

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, it is and usually guarantees that everyone buys the same sets at the same discounts.

And that's what put me off investing in i-rex's last year.

Picking unhoarded winners these days is very hard. Usually it means buying a set early with less discount and lucking into a short shelf life on a set with collectability.