CELEB2017 - Detention Block Rescue 2017 Star Wars Celebration Exclusive

jaisonline

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Sorry newer to this side of things, but do people actually build these exclusives piece by piece and sell them? People don't actually buy them that way do they?

Or are you guys building solely for personal collections?

I'm building for me, but yes,people do sell them. The Batpod I think is one of the most famous examples of an exclusive that people put together to resell. Last year's escape from the space slug was getting sales.

• Like 2

go figure! On eBay?

I guess you just have to be very careful about your verbiage haha

I sold a couple of Batpods and several Bat signals from that TRU giveaway a couple of years ago. Just have to be very clear about what you are selling. Over explain for the dense folks out there.
  • Like 1

Okay, I've triple checked the parts list I just created with the instruction manual and the parts list in the instruction manual.  I posted the list publicly on Rebrickable here:

CELEB2017 - Detention Block Rescue

You can go on there and export the list to a Bricklink XML.  Open it in a Text Editor, copy and paste it into the Bricklink XML box, and you'll have a complete want list.

NOTE:  Bricklink doesn't like the Stormtrooper helmets or Luke's had that Rebrickable has in their inventory, that should go for this set.  So if you need those, you'll have to manually add them yourself.

This should hold us over until Bricklink approves the set, and a couple of us can verify the inventory.

• Like 5

Here's my brick linked set. Seller sent me the wrong round tiles so the only thing that's wrong is the over head lights are yellow instead of clear. Waiting for the correct ones to arrive.

Haven't opened my Skiff yet so that's why Han's got the old hair

Cute little scene! I love the red flooring in the hallway. May need to expand that. The official one should have really included a Leia. 299d9bde7451cef194a97e21940f5971.jpg

5f48a3d05ddc6e8c299b3edeab057494.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Looks great! I need to get in rounding up parts.

I like the hallway, and I considered the same thing - that it needs to be expanded. I feel like we need a section for Leia's cell and another for the escape to the trash compactor.

And let's just say two more sections and you will end up with this.
91jFIN5VSxL._SL1500_.jpg?

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

The box / packaging of this set is a site to behold. Beautiful, glossy set and much larger than I expected. About twice the size of the mini build sets (Dagobah, Tatooine, Slug). I don't see this dropping TBH.

Mine are on their way to Europe now, so even more excited now :)

19 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

The box / packaging of this set is a sight to behold. Beautiful, glossy set and much larger than I expected. About twice the size of the mini build sets (Dagobah, Tatooine, Slug). I don't see this dropping TBH.

The box is about the size of the Gingerbread House, but much thicker, IDEAS quality+.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Set inventory is on Bricklink now, for those of you that want to part it out to a Want List and start buying.

Prices are high right now, though.  I got somewhere north of $90 on a quick run of pulling parts from North American stores.

What parts went up? I calculated $50 last week before it got approval.

2 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

What parts went up? I calculated $50 last week before it got approval.

Not sure.  I didn't go through the pull to see what the outliers were.  Going to try to look at it more closely tonight.  If I had a guess, I'm going to say Luke and Han.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Not sure.  I didn't go through the pull to see what the outliers were.  Going to try to look at it more closely tonight.  If I had a guess, I'm going to say Luke and Han.

Han's hair was already $5. Maybe it's because I broke them down by parts.

The full trooper body is available in the newest battle pack and Luke's head and hair in the landspeeder. all the 1x2 brick with groove are available in the Imperial Hovertank, I've got plenty of 1x6 panels from the carbon freeze chamber and the quarter Cylinder I had a couple of from a Rapunzel tower I parted a couple years ago although someone got one from the Duel on Naboo I just parted out. Most of the rest of the parts I have in inventory, I just need to get a Han head and the keypad from the pizza van.

• 1 month later...

I got myself this set 2 weeks ago. The seal is very vulnerable so I would bubble wrap the crap out of it if you want to store it.

I'm not sure whether I should sell it now with all the hype or keep it for 1-2 years? Everyone I've talked think it's the ultimate lego investment...

What do you guys think? 

(I'm a newbie here so would appreciate your thoughts)

1 hour ago, Padolski said:

I got myself this set 2 weeks ago. The seal is very vulnerable so I would bubble wrap the crap out of it if you want to store it.

I'm not sure whether I should sell it now with all the hype or keep it for 1-2 years? Everyone I've talked think it's the ultimate lego investment...

What do you guys think? 

The ultimate LEGO investment?  Not so much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Padolski said:

Everyone I've talked think it's the ultimate lego investment...

Sadly, there is no longer such a thing as an ultimate lego investment.

Anything that dares to even come close is bound to be re-released, refreshed, or faked.

10 hours ago, Padolski said:

What do you guys think? 

SDCC and other toy convention sets that are limited in their production numbers are some of the coolest sets out there.  You would think they are some of the best investment choices available, but unfortunately, they are mostly valuable to the original owners who obtain them at cost.  Many people (including myself), buy these at a premium, then hope they increase to much higher levels.   Some will, but more and more of these type of sets plateau soon after the initial buzz is over.  

Enjoy them for what they are...Rare and unique sets that are a lot of fun and make great little displays.