BA Guide to AZ Claims : A Stone-age Guide for the Rest of Us

Bold-Arrow

3 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Just lost an A-Z claim on a Item not Delivered claim even though the tracking shows delivered. No signature, Amazon refunded them and debited my account. 

Purchased Fedex label and USPS delivered it, what can I do at this point?

I'm assuming you purchased the shipping outside Amazon ? Call the local post office and see if they can give you with  more information and depending on what they provide you with you can decide if you want to appeal the decision . Chances are pretty slim but u never know . If it is an inexpensive item u can chalk it up as a learning experience and move on . 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I'm assuming you purchased the shipping outside Amazon ? Call the local post office and see if they can give you with  more information and depending on what they provide you with you can decide if you want to appeal the decision . Chances are pretty slim but u never know . If it is an inexpensive item u can chalk it up as a learning experience and move on . 

If the local Post Office gets you nowhere @Lego_Monsters, then I would strongly recommend contacting the local Consumer Affairs office for USPS. They're the ones who can track down information for you as well as give you evidence and paperwork of to whom and how your package was delivered.

Here's the link to get you started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Purchased the label from ebay after fedex smartpost. (Never again). 

$260 Tower of Orc, and $26 in shipping cost.

Are FedEx SmartPost labels purchase-able anywhere besides eBay?

I think certain high volume business accounts are eligible. There isn't a service out there you can purchase smartpost shipping from outside of eBay, at least not one I'm aware of.

I wouldn't recommend using that type of service for Amazon FBM. Too much risk for slow/late shipments.

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

something fishy. i am wondering if buyer claims they tossed it out since it was fake and "unsafe" ... maybe someone here ???1f914.png

Not sure, unless you're being facetious.  I just hadn't heard of anyone with one of these A-Zs actually getting a return before Amazon does the refund dance.

I feel this should be in its own topic instead of in "selling Lego on Amazon". Maybe we have had similar experience or we have done this before to each other? I have not gone to this extent. Even I was picky before, I thought the "new in Factory sealed box" was the "Bible"; this buyer went further with "rolling sound" suspicious for broken bags inside the sealed box.

I recently did not have too good luck selling Lego on Amazon.

Following the two claims stating the item not received but both tracking information showing delivered. Now, another buyer received Lego 10234, stating that the buyer heard there was "rolling sound" in the box concerning the bags "broke" and loose bricks coming out inside the box, the buyer also further raised the concern that the seals were tempered with (the set was purchased from Lego store, specifically selected for good condition box). 

The buyer stated that he or she is also a collector/reseller and it would be a big problem that the bags break inside (based on the "rolling sound" because the buyer compared this set with other collections, other sets DO NOT make that sound). The buyer stated that it is not "custom friendly" that I don't refund or partial refund if the buyer finds the bags break and wants to return because the buyer thinks about opening the seal to check inside. The buyer also suggests an option that I send the replacement set without "rolling sound" at my own expense and the buyer returns the set at my own expense.

Good thing is the buyer seems very willing to communicate. But what would you do in this situation?

PS: I just started communicating with the buyer in "I think" professional way but would like to hear your opinions.

Edited by jaisonline
thread title changed
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry, I have 2 stupid questions...

What does BA mean?

What does AZ mean? (Generic Amazon or a certain department of Amazon?)

I'm only asking as there's so many confusing abbreviations on here these days ;-)

11 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

facetious .. no idea why amazon would refund without a return. time to hit google . 

The only word that contains all 5 vowels only and in alphabetical order.

Edited by TabbyBoy

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

What does BA mean?

I'm only asking as there's so many confusing abbreviations on here these days ;-)

BA

article-2704946-1FF5397600000578-874_634x916.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

What does BA mean?

AZ

270px-Arizona_in_United_States.svg.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thanks so much, guys - I know I could count on y'all so, Alitalia and British Airways it is then!

LOL - you lot have Trump, we dont ;-)

Ok - so you posed a serious question. Here are your answers: BA = Mr. Bold Arrow himself. AZ = Amazon's A-Z claim system.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Ok - so you posed a serious question. Here are your answers: BA = Mr. Bold Arrow himself. AZ = Amazon's A-Z claim system.

Finally - thank you!

Thanks for all your comments as I was going to try selling my bike bits on Amazon but, I don't think I'll bother now after reading all the horror stories. Isn't there anywhere without nasty crooked buyers these days?

I am not discouraging anyone from selling on Amazon , obv there is money to be made otherwise no one here would be selling on that platform ( sell thread would be a good reference ) . 

Folks also need to be aware of the risks and how to handle them especially with the lastest round of scam and how it affects their business now and probably down the road .

im just calling  your baby ugly in this thread ;) 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

There was an interesting thread thatI read on the seller forum the other day : 

Seller received an order for an expensive item that ended up shipping to a person whose name is different than the buyer ( most likely a dropshipper ) . Seller made the mistake of not getting signature confirmation and buyer end of opening an INR AZ claim . 

Seller was able to track the person to whom the item was shipped to and confirmed receipt and presented a written statement from said person to Amazon in his reply to the claim .

Amazon still sided with the scammer and refunded from seller's pocket 

what a mess 

• Like 5