Sad Day

LegoMan1212

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So sorry to hear this. I hope they didn't have any kids ... if there were, I can only imagine how hard this must be for them .....

Twin boys that just turned one.  He was an awesome Dad to them as it was and they would have had an incredible life growing up with him.  

I agree with you.  Take a minute to enjoy the good and positive things.  All of us are busy and want to bitch about stupid crap like work or poor performing LEGO sets.  Life sucks at times...but it is also better than the alternative...death or illness.  After a successful week of fundraising in my son's school (St. Paul LEGO raffle and Beef & Beer), I learned that two of the kid's fathers passed away the last few days.  Talk about a downer.  These poor kids have to deal with no Dad.  Really sucks.  I couldn't imagine my son without a Dad or Mom.  My only advice would be try to be a positive in life.  Don't be an energy Vampire that sucks life from people.  Be a hero, not a zero...

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

May I offer my sincere condolences. I lost my first girlfriend (I was 15, she was 16) in a helicopter crash from being airlifted after already breaking a leg during a 6th form school climbing trip. I was so screwed up that I lost a year at school that I had to re-do and was single for the next 5 years! It's one of those things that you never actually get over, but you do learn to deal with it in time. It was tough losing both my parents by the time I was 40 but, I can only imagine what it's like to lose somebody at a much younger age.

8 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

I lost my father in exactly the same circumstances. I never knew him. The only things I do know is what others have told me. 

Tell those boys everything, even stupid story's about their father, anything so they can build a picture of him in their minds. Show them photos, explain every detail. 

Advise them, correct them, watch over them, comfort them.... Do everything that their father would have done for them. They'll need someone to be there for them all their lives. Be that person and they'll thank you when they're old enough to understand what happened.

Thanks for the advice and of course sorry to hear you had to go through something similar.  I wish I had more pictures, more video's, more everything.  

As I read more about the accident, it's so sad that at this time, it seems that the vehicle that went airborne was speeding and who knows what else.  I'm sure if they would have hit head on (bumper to bumper) they both would be in much better positions but the vehicle went through the ditch in the median and hit them, what it appears, on the hood first.  As usual, and not that I wish for anything bad to anyone else, the person who screwed up is okay.  Seems that happens far to often because it should be the other way around if anything bad should ever come out of an accident.  

Thanks for the support, comfort, and overall, just replies, no matter how simple they may be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Thanks for the advice and of course sorry to hear you had to go through something similar.  I wish I had more pictures, more video's, more everything.  

As I read more about the accident, it's so sad that at this time, it seems that the vehicle that went airborne was speeding and who knows what else.  I'm sure if they would have hit head on (bumper to bumper) they both would be in much better positions but the vehicle went through the ditch in the median and hit them, what it appears, on the hood first.  As usual, and not that I wish for anything bad to anyone else, the person who screwed up is okay.  Seems that happens far to often because it should be the other way around if anything bad should ever come out of an accident.  

Thanks for the support, comfort, and overall, just replies, no matter how simple they may be.

Thank you Sir. Life is rarely fair but you've got to make the best of every situation. If you want/need advice, drop me a PM.

I can empathize, man. Losing a loved one in an accident is like a gunshot to the chest. When it happened to me, I literally could not eat for over a month... it completely shut me down. You will have your chance to honor your lost friend and you'll be there for the grieving family. I'll be thinking about you. PM me if you need anything man.

Edited by pete411