Ideas #018: 21310 - Old Fishing Store

Shewie

Excellent.  I can live with the price, and I love the piece count.  I'm glad they didn't try to significantly reduce the size of the original model.  I really hope this does well and emboldens TLG to approve other large Ideas projects. 

• Like 2

It's nice to see Lego stepping outside of the tiny set realm for Ideas sets.  This is an awesome looking set packed with little details and I'm definitely going to want this bad boy!!!

I wonder how much higher Lego will go with the size of approve Ideas sets.  It would be amazing to see them do something in the $200-$300 realm.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the price.

I know, I know, I shouldn't complain. Such a brilliant looking set.

It's just the fact that its more than the modulars and with a lower piece count. Tbh I'm pretty much always disappointed with prices lately, since Brexit and the related price increase in the UK, Its taking time for me to adjust.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

It's an Ideas set.  I'll bet they're all printed. 

I think so too. This set looks amazing and I think the price isn't as bad as others have commented...especially if it does in fact come with all printed pieces. This looks to be a step in the right direction and I hope TLG continues to approve and produce higher piece count sets. 

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Those planks are existing printed pieces (see[mention=40902]ClintonJoseph[/mention]'s profile pic for example). Given that this is Ideas, I doubt ANY of the prints are stickers.

The doors have stickers, the brown is different. I wouldn't be surprised if the signs were stickers.
  • Like 1

Those planks are existing printed pieces (see[mention=40902]ClintonJoseph[/mention]'s profile pic for example). Given that this is Ideas, I doubt ANY of the prints are stickers.

I could't remember if the planks on SD Lighthouse or the City: Crooks Hideout were stickers or not. Both are built here, just didn't look first.

29 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Damnit door does look like it has a sticker! Please say it ain't so. Sooo, has Lego ever done a printed door?

I can't think of any in that style.. they have printed doors though not very many.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=bb03pb02#T=C&C=13

The very large majority of Bricklink's Door, Decorated parts are stickers.

• Like 1