About market price

play84

Hi,

i can't catch one thing about market price in the price guide: i know that prices are updated on a monthly basis...so, why do market prices of single sets vary on a daily basis?

Thanks

Can you give me an example of what you are talking about. What do you mean by daily basis? Is it the data on our site, or is it the prices from Amazon?

Our data is from eBay. We get our data from them at the start of every month and then we process it. So you get a whole new months data at a time to see the overall change in value. Doing it by day would show minimal change. Maybe this is what you were talking about?

I am talking about the market value that i can find in the lego price guide in this site. If i make a search for the same set in different days (for example, yesterday, today and tomorrow), i'll find different market values. How is it possible, if data are processed just once a month? I would expect changes only when the site is updated.

I guess it can happen if Ed or myself go in a find a listing that was either missed or needs to be deleted. So it "could" change but that would be far and few in between. I haven't made any changes myself recently, but you would have to give me an example of a set that you have been looking at. I will take a look. You are the first person to bring this up, so this would be something to look into. The other thing could be that the currency conversion is changing. Four times a day we update the value of currencies, so if you are looking at the non-us version, it could change because the converted value to EURO, GBP, etc has changed.

I guess it can happen if Ed or myself go in a find a listing that was either missed or needs to be deleted. So it "could" change but that would be far and few in between. I haven't made any changes myself recently, but you would have to give me an example of a set that you have been looking at. I will take a look. You are the first person to bring this up, so this would be something to look into.

The other thing could be that the currency conversion is changing. Four times a day we update the value of currencies, so if you are looking at the non-us version, it could change because the converted value to EURO, GBP, etc has changed.

Good Morning Jeff, This has occurred to me in the past - but I hadn't asked. When you find an issue with a listing or listings, or when you tweak the filtering for the data (which I understand is an ongoing process), are you doing it retroactively to all of the previous monthly data results?