Is this misprint worth anything?

Truckeeben

Question

Pictures

So I opened a new Lego set today (the number is 75099 for those curious) and as I started to build it, I noticed that the Rey minifig has a face on both sides of her head. I showed my mom and she started wondering if it was worth anything. And so, I fell down the rabbit hole of Lego collecting websites to see if a similar misprint had ever sold for a noticeable amount of money and didn't find anything. Tl;dr: I'm about as new to this as anyone could ever be, so be gentle.

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Truckeeben said:

Pictures

So I opened a new Lego set today (the number is 75099 for those curious) and as I started to build it, I noticed that the Rey minifig has a face on both sides of her head. I showed my mom and she started wondering if it was worth anything. And so, I fell down the rabbit hole of Lego collecting websites to see if a similar misprint had ever sold for a noticeable amount of money and didn't find anything. Tl;dr: I'm about as new to this as anyone could ever be, so be gentle.

This is not a misprint. Many LEGO minifigure heads have alternate face prints on both sides of the head (in your case, the facial expression is slightly different). This is typically done for minifigures which have a hairpiece or hat that obscures the backside of the head. You can give your minifigure a different look this way.

• Like 2