LEGO Polybag Availability Update (January 2017)

Alpinemaps

polybags get around these days.  Now they shift them around between LL and LL DC too, pretty funny.  Next wave is a bunch of prior sets that have already made rounds at other stores and LL locations.  Batmobile, Knighton Rider, Chameleon, Hot Rod Car, and only new one Ninjago Swamp Airboat.  

That Chameleon has alluded me so far out here. I'll take that Airboat too.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

That Chameleon has alluded me so far out here. I'll take that Airboat too.

it should be on this next batch but they definitely are filtering through the company at different times. Believe FL had it already but the DC's didn't get.  Used to not do that so much with the exception of some of the park exclusive giveaways.    They are giving the big parks a lot more advantages than the DC's these days.  

7 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

The Brick Fan is reporting the R2-D2 polybag will be the May 4th promo.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-r2-d2-30611-to-be-may-the-4th-promo-polybag/

If this confirmed, then May is going to be a busy and expensive month.  -shudder-

I felt a great disturbance in my wallet, as if millions hundreds of monies suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

• Like 8

On 3/28/2017 at 3:51 PM, fuzzy_bricks said:

The Brick Fan is reporting the R2-D2 polybag will be the May 4th promo.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-r2-d2-30611-to-be-may-the-4th-promo-polybag/

Never partaken in a Lego.com poly promo, or Lego Store to be honest.  Do they give you one for every $75 you spend?  I recall talking to a guy that bought the SSD in store and they gave him one for every amount up to the price of the purchase.  I feel like that's very YMMV.  Lol.

13 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Never partaken in a Lego.com poly promo, or Lego Store to be honest.  Do they give you one for every $75 you spend?  I recall talking to a guy that bought the SSD in store and they gave him one for every amount up to the price of the purchase.  I feel like that's very YMMV.  Lol.

When SSD was still available at the stores, maybe yes, I remember years ago making a $750 purchase at lego and got the old old hulk polybag for each $75 (or$50, whatever it was) I spent. So I got over 10 of them. Nowadays, you're a reseller scum to them if you're buying too much/asking for too much. Maybe....maybe you can get a second one if you're lucky.

with this awesome r2d2 promo, I'm hitting 3-4 local lego stores twice on first day.

batmobile polybag at LLDC spotted today.

Edited by Lordoflego

2 hours ago, Klownicle said:

it used to be but of late,  they seem to do whatever you want for sales.  Just be polite about it.  I usually just ask up front.  Ask how many they are willing to do and such.  Few years ago they might do 3 or something like that.  Most now are willing to do as much as you would like as long as you stay in the daily limits of the sets you are purchasing.

They tend to be more stringent on the high price sets though cause in theory there is only 1 item on the transaction.  

You'll have to do multiple transactions as well as right now 3 is the max you can scan out at the promo per transaction.  That has changed some over the years too.

12 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

it used to be but of late,  they seem to do whatever you want for sales.  Just be polite about it.  I usually just ask up front.  Ask how many they are willing to do and such.  Few years ago they might do 3 or something like that.  Most now are willing to do as much as you would like as long as you stay in the daily limits of the sets you are purchasing.

They tend to be more stringent on the high price sets though cause in theory there is only 1 item on the transaction.  

You'll have to do multiple transactions as well as right now 3 is the max you can scan out at the promo per transaction.  That has changed some over the years too.

Definitely a YMMV thing.  My local store won't even let me get one if I run a second transaction.  They are very strict to the 1 per person, no matter how much you spend.  Congrats to those who fare better...

• Like 1