Can I get some help with a set I'm trying to build?

house72

Question

I'm trying to replicate this MOC I saw on Instagram and I'm not sure what some of the parts are called. So I was wondering if you kind folks here could help me out??  I asked my GF for christmas if she could make me a set like this, but she didn't have much luck,she even contacted the person( He was actually rude about it to her from what she tells me) that built this set.  I'm a Welding Teacher, I teach HS students during the day and College students at night, so this MOC is really right up my alley.. 

I'm using the Raptor truck ( It looks like my real truck) from the speed series LEGO  I'm not sure what bricks were used to light up the set and make the welder.  The head and tail lights  I'm not sure where to locate them or what they are called, not sure if they are LEGO.. What's the little round pieces called that make up the pipes and the blue piece in the pipe that is lit up?   I should know this, but I don't.  

Anyways, this is the set I'm trying to replicate somewhat.  Any insight would be great. She's trying to source the parts for my B-day on Sunday, but I said don't stress it, I will see if I can locate them.. 

Thanks in advance for trying to help me!!   

IMG_0105.PNG

5 answers to this question

From the white wire that is visible on the table I assume there is custom wiring involved in this set. There does not seem to be a powersource onboard the vehicle. As a direct consequence, I think all the lighting is probably custom made with small LEDs (hence the blue light at the torch).
 You could make this yourself if you have some basic electronics and soldering skills.

To answer the easy question: The pipes are made by putting dark bluish gray (dark stone gray) 1x1 round bricks on their side, and connecting them to 1x1 brick with stud on 1 side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, house72 said:

I'm trying to replicate this MOC I saw on Instagram and I'm not sure what some of the parts are called. So I was wondering if you kind folks here could help me out??  I asked my GF for christmas if she could make me a set like this, but she didn't have much luck,she even contacted the person( He was actually rude about it to her from what she tells me) that built this set.  I'm a Welding Teacher, I teach HS students during the day and College students at night, so this MOC is really right up my alley.. 

I'm using the Raptor truck ( It looks like my real truck) from the speed series LEGO  I'm not sure what bricks were used to light up the set and make the welder.  The head and tail lights  I'm not sure where to locate them or what they are called, not sure if they are LEGO.. What's the little round pieces called that make up the pipes and the blue piece in the pipe that is lit up?   I should know this, but I don't.  

Anyways, this is the set I'm trying to replicate somewhat.  Any insight would be great. She's trying to source the parts for my B-day on Sunday, but I said don't stress it, I will see if I can locate them.. 

Thanks in advance for trying to help me!!   

IMG_0105.PNG

Hey House72,

Not sure how much help I can be, but...I believe the truck to be using regular Lego pieces (translucent pieces) found on normal Lego trucks. The lighting elements and wiring are generally built into the truck and placed behind the translucent pieces. I would imagine that the lighting would be 3rd party from places like this...http://lifelites.com/ or http://www.brickstuff.com/. There maybe a few other "lighting" places online for Lego besides those 2, but I mainly deal with Lifelites myself for my buildings.

In reference to your question about the round pieces and blue piece, I believe I see these pieces:

Part 3062b Brick, Round 1 x 1 Open Stud (All the Gray Pieces):

3062b.png

Part 4073 Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side (The Translucent Blue Piece that is glowing from the lighting):

4073.png

Hope that is what you are looking for and helps. If not, hope some other members can chime in.

• Like 1

Thanks for your time and help in this matter or should I say build..  I figured the lighting was 3rd party, but wanted to ask the experts here. I appreciate the Part Id numbers and description, as well as the links to the lighting. I will try sourcing the parts out now. 

Is there a company or companies that you can get your own custom printed bricks made up?  If so, would be able to point me in the direction of said companies?  

Thanks

2 hours ago, house72 said:

Thanks for your time and help in this matter or should I say build..  I figured the lighting was 3rd party, but wanted to ask the experts here. I appreciate the Part Id numbers and description, as well as the links to the lighting. I will try sourcing the parts out now. 

Is there a company or companies that you can get your own custom printed bricks made up?  If so, would be able to point me in the direction of said companies?  

Thanks

There are a few places out there that will do custom work, but I am not sure of the cost involved. Here are a few places that I have found that do special order custom work...

http://www.eclipsebricks.com/services/

http://citizenbrick.com/pages/custom

• Like 1