Hint at Star Wars Future...

pickleboy

This is a disappointment. Now we will all be investing in Yoda minifigs! Not sure I want to be stuck with 50 of the same one.

For Lego Investors, it is a good and bad choice.

Good-More Star Wars movies = More attention going to Lego Star Wars

Bad-Centralized on one person/alien limits the creative factors. (everything is Yoda_______ and Yoda________)

Looks like we will not get a continuation of the story line.

Looks like they are going to do spin offs instead Yoda's being the first.... :(

http://jediinsider.com/news.php?itemid=14514

Yoda is dead!!! Have they ever seen Star Wars???

I'm disappointed...

There is still a new trilogy of movies coming - These spin offs will be separate movie projects (not ones that will replace the new trilogy movies).

There is still a new trilogy of movies coming - These spin offs will be separate movie projects (not ones that will replace the new trilogy movies).

That's good to hear. If that is the case, then I say the more Star Wars movies the better. I wonder if they are going to start an Avenger's type story line....individual story lines coming out a couple of times a year with a big movie that encompasses all the these every few years.

This could be cool. I just hope they keep the Star Wars story going. Think about cool it could be to keep the story going for generations.

That's good to hear. If that is the case, then I say the more Star Wars movies the better. I wonder if they are going to start an Avenger's type story line....individual story lines coming out a couple of times a year with a big movie that encompasses all the these every few years.

This could be cool. I just hope they keep the Star Wars story going. Think about cool it could be to keep the story going for generations.

Yes - Very good news. They are aiming for a trilogy movie to come out every 3 years, and the others movies to come out in between (maybe 1 or so a year - similar to the Marvel movie releases). Only difference is that the spin-offs will likely not be part of the trilogy storyline (at least at first). We have heard about the Yoda rumor, I would think there will need to be a Boba Fett Movie coming (maybe focused on Bounty Hunters). What will be cool is that with new movies coming out every year, Lego will have lots of new material to work with & won't need to keep re-releasing the same sets.

Call me a purist, but as a kid born in 1976, episodes 4-6 is the only Star Wars. Episode 1-3 I could barely tolerate watching the first time. Clone Wars I can't stand at all. Everything Lucas touches he ruins, and now Disney is going to just materialize the hell out of the franchise. It even kills me to buy any new age Star Wars Legos...but I buy them like I would anything that I felt would go up in value. This is sad news to me...I guess they can't ruin Star Wars any more than they already have.

Call me a purist, but as a kid born in 1976, episodes 4-6 is the only Star Wars.

Episode 1-3 I could barely tolerate watching the first time.

Clone Wars I can't stand at all.

Everything Lucas touches he ruins, and now Disney is going to just materialize the hell out of the franchise.

It even kills me to buy any new age Star Wars legos...but I buy them like I would anything that I felt would go up in value.

This is sad news to me...I guess they can't ruin Star Wars any more than they already have.

I totally understand. The alternative is for them to do nothing and start something over from brand new. I'd rather see them try and fail than not try at all. The enjoyment i get from the speculation about what is going to happen is almost half as fun as the actual movie. No matter how good the last three movies were, they would not have been good enough for us. The expectations were impossible.

Call me a purist, but as a kid born in 1976, episodes 4-6 is the only Star Wars.

Everything Lucas touches he ruins, and now Disney is going to just materialize the hell out of the franchise.

It even kills me to buy any new age Star Wars Legos...but I buy them like I would anything that I felt would go up in value.

This is sad news to me...I guess they can't ruin Star Wars any more than they already have.

Dude, give Clone Wars a chance. I don't know if you've seen all the episodes, but the first few in Season 1 + the movie that was released were pretty lame, but it got better pretty quick. But if you did, then there's nothing wrong with that either.

It even kills me to buy any new age Star Wars Legos...but I buy them like I would anything that I felt would go up in value.

I am the exact same age as you and I feel the same way. I have tried to watch clone wars and I just couldn't. I rarely buy sw sets from the new movies. I agree everything Lucas has touched since the 80s he's ruined.

Where I disagree is that I think Disney will do a good job...at least better than George would.

I think the potc movies were well done. I expect the new sw movies to be better than episodes 1-3.

I am the exact same age as you and I feel the same way. I have tried to watch clone wars and I just couldn't. I rarely buy sw sets from the new movies. I agree everything Lucas has touched since the 80s he's ruined.

Yeah, same here!

I think the potc movies were well done. I expect the new sw movies to be better than episodes 1-3.

The POTC movies were well shot, and Johnny Depp truely made those movies with his acting ability and what he brought to the table. I personally prefer the latter two over the first two which goes against public opinion... lol However the movies could have been a lot more creative especially in the stories.

And without a doubt the new trilogy should be better than the last trilogy due strongly to who is helming the Millennium Falcon in the cockpit. What worries me however is that Iger will be leaving Disney in the not so distant future, and these big box office motion pictures are done on 'committee' and the new head honcho may want to put his dominance on such a big brand.

Abrams will not be able to do whatever he wants in this film which is what Lucas had going for him in the prequel films. It was his movies, and his independent studios creating these massive budget giants. He was able to do the movies he wanted to do. Not the case here, though Abrams will see an ease up on later films if this does great, and he decides to continue on with the film.

Yeah, same here!

The POTC movies were well shot, and Johnny Depp truely made those movies with his acting ability and what he brought to the table. I personally prefer the latter two over the first two which goes against public opinion... lol However the movies could have been a lot more creative especially in the stories.

And without a doubt the new trilogy should be better than the last trilogy due strongly to who is helming the Millennium Falcon in the cockpit. What worries me however is that Iger will be leaving Disney in the not so distant future, and these big box office motion pictures are done on 'committee' and the new head honcho may want to put his dominance on such a big brand.

Abrams will not be able to do whatever he wants in this film which is what Lucas had going for him in the prequel films. It was his movies, and his independent studios creating these massive budget giants. He was able to do the movies he wanted to do. Not the case here, though Abrams will see an ease up on later films if this does great, and he decides to continue on with the film.

I disagree.

Why would Abrams come on board if he didn't have some kind of assurance that he would be able to do what he wants to?

There are plenty of other projects that he could do, and I don't think he would sign on for Star Wars "just because".

I disagree.

Why would Abrams come on board if he didn't have some kind of assurance that he would be able to do what he wants to?

There are plenty of other projects that he could do, and I don't think he would sign on for Star Wars "just because".

That is how the movie industry works unfortunantley. Kevin Smith dropped out of doing 'The Green Hornet' because it would not have been his film. When he was approached by the studio to do it he turned it down because when a film has a high budget, studios at the end of the day call the shots on how a film is made and they are 'committee' made. Studios have their hands not only on the money side, but they have a large say in the creative side as well.

Very few have total 'creative control' over their films. Nolan is one of the few.

Why do you think Lucas stayed independent? Because he was able to make the movies he wanted to make without studio interference and being told how to tell his stories.

JJ chose SW because he is a huge fan of the series, and turned it down prior as he was unsure he would be able to live up to make a SW movie. Unlike Star Trek.

A good documentary to watch about how the Hollywood system works, especially if you already own Clerks II is "Back to the Well: 'Clerks II'"

If you listen to Podcasts and are a fan of the Joe Schmoe show listen to Ralph Garman and Kevin Smiths 'Hollywood Babble-On'.

That is how the movie industry works unfortunantley. Kevin Smith dropped out of doing 'The Green Hornet' because it would not have been his film. When he was approached by the studio to do it he turned it down because when a film has a high budget, studios at the end of the day call the shots on how a film is made and they are 'committee' made. Studios have their hands not only on the money side, but they have a large say in the creative side as well.

Very few have total 'creative control' over their films. Nolan is one of the few.

Why do you think Lucas stayed independent? Because he was able to make the movies he wanted to make without studio interference and being told how to tell his stories.

JJ chose SW because he is a huge fan of the series, and turned it down prior as he was unsure he would be able to live up to make a SW movie. Unlike Star Trek.

A good documentary to watch about how the Hollywood system works, especially if you already own Clerks II is "Back to the Well: 'Clerks II'"

If you listen to Podcasts and are a fan of the Joe Schmoe show listen to Ralph Garman and Kevin Smiths 'Hollywood Babble-On'.

Kevin Smith dropped out of doing Green Hornet because he didn't want to shoot an action movie, where it takes all day to shoot 5 seconds of the actual film.

He said his version of the Green Hornet would have been two guys talking, with all the action taking place off screen.

I do actually like the TV Clones Wars series, but it was really stupid that Darth Maul "lived". He was supposed to be dead in Ep. 1, but they had to change it for some reason. This is what I hope they don't do with Yoda and change the story like that.

The idea of his living was actually taken from a Dark Horses comic from 2005 - in it he survives & has the same mechanical robot legs. I thought it was kind of cool since I had earlier mentioned (to my son) that there was a legend that some people believed, which stated that he had survived. It made it fun when the Clone Wars decided to embrace the possibility. By the way, Obi-Wan couldn't have killed him - Darth Maul had the high ground.