21019 - The Eiffel Tower

kahuka

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

No, it's speculation. A set that's been hugely popular for so long is just asking for a bigger and better remake IMHO. A lot of people bought 21019 for £12 from Asda, and they've still been heavily discounted elsewhere. Are your eyes shining green by any chance? ?

Some people suggested Paris skyline would hurt it. Seems not to be happening and this one is performing bette than little Big Ben.

Guest TabbyBoy
43 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Thanks. Nah I got my fair share of 21019 myself. 

Why should I envy you?! I like that you were able to get such a good price, but you keep mentioning all the time. ?

Well done. I did see some good discounts when I was in Galeria Kaufhof in Koblenz a couple of years back. It's mainly the Netherlands that I thought was expensive.

39 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Some people suggested Paris skyline would hurt it. Seems not to be happening and this one is performing bette than little Big Ben.

Little Ben will perform better than Big Ben I think.

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Well done. I did see some good discounts when I was in Galeria Kaufhof in Koblenz a couple of years back. It's mainly the Netherlands that I thought was expensive.

Little Ben will perform better than Big Ben I think.

British timekeeping is not what it used to be......

21 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Yeah, it is expensive indeed. I also don't think a (future) Landmark series Eiffel Tower will impact the price of the Architecture version. Might even create additional demand, when collectors want to add the smaller version next to the larger version.

• 3 years later...

I'm working on the Eiffel Tower and am very confused by instructions on Pg 44, particularly 1, 2, and 3.  I have used the two different right angle pieces (4654582 and 6004990) to achieve #3 but I am not getting something because I cannot get the two pieces with the attaching bar (4515369) to come together 'flat' as shown in the picture. If any of this makes sense to the experienced LEGO assembler, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.  I have to step away because I keep repeating my error. arrgghh!!! TIA

1 hour ago, PamJedlicka said:

I'm working on the Eiffel Tower and am very confused by instructions on Pg 44, particularly 1, 2, and 3.  I have used the two different right angle pieces (4654582 and 6004990) to achieve #3 but I am not getting something because I cannot get the two pieces with the attaching bar (4515369) to come together 'flat' as shown in the picture. If any of this makes sense to the experienced LEGO assembler, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.  I have to step away because I keep repeating my error. arrgghh!!! TIA

you might try switching the 2 elements that are called for 4654582 and 6004990 as you might have them reversed. 

ETA: I just looked at this again and it is confusing. You put the 1x2 on top of the 1x3 leaving 1 stud uncovered. Then you attach the 6004990 UNDERNEATH it so that it will be flat and can attach 2 X 4515369.  You are probably placing it on top which is what the picture seems to depict. 

Then you remind yourself and everyone else there is no way you want the torcher of building the new Eifel Tower set and you just saved yourself $600.

Edited by Pseudoty