Power Functions deals?

Jman444

Question

11 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Jman444 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are ever any power functions deals?  Where is the best place to purchase the power function kits from? Thanks!

I find buying direct from LEGO Shop at Home is the cheapest.  I usually wait until I need a lot of items and put in orders during promo events.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lego rules said:

I find buying direct from LEGO Shop at Home is the cheapest.  I usually wait until I need a lot of items and put in orders during promo events.

Is there a risk of getting banned if you repeatedly buy max quantities of them from Lego Shop?

Just now, Jman444 said:

Is there a risk of getting banned if you repeatedly buy max quantities of them from Lego Shop?

If they ban me for buying too many powerfunctions, I would post a picture of all my Technic mocs and create at $hit storm on social media about it.

I have put 4 or 5 $100 orders to get the promo's and had only one issue crop up.  They cancelled an order once a couple years ago.  I called in and they said it was odd and forwarded it to another department.  Order was re-instated the next day.

I bought the Power Functions kit (AA battery box, Medium motor, pole switch, lights and some gears) at the LEGO B&M store a few months back. Manager allowed me to buy 7 in 1 transaction (needed them for my educational business). They typically have a limit of 5 in store but if you ask nicely they let you buy more.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Jman444 said:

I don't think they're as strict now as I ordered 10x Trevi Fountains (UK limit) back-to-back and got 15 Snow Globes without a problem. It seems like the handle has broken off the ban hammer.

4 hours ago, Jman444 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are ever any power functions deals?  Where is the best place to purchase the power function kits from? Thanks!

I´ll go against the grain and say ebay and bricklink are cheaper. Lots of technic folk like me have PF duplicates coming out of their ears so we are happy to undercut TLG. The pack with the M motor can also often be found cheaper on Amazon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

I´ll go against the grain and say ebay and bricklink are cheaper. Lots of technic folk like me have PF duplicates coming out of their ears so we are happy to undercut TLG. The pack with the M motor can also often be found cheaper on Amazon.

Do you have a link for the Amazon set that's cheaper than the Lego Shop?

Guest TabbyBoy

Do any of you buy the train sets cheap, part them put and then use the PF for items like the Winter Holiday Train? I did OK breaking down the 60051 High Speed Trains that I bought for £43 a while back. I was making over £40 profit per train set by parting out. Half price Techic (like the Xerion at Tesco now) could also be an option as there's also a market for Technic parts.

19 hours ago, Jman444 said:

Hi all,

hi,

in addition to the answers above, i would also recommend checking the link below to get and compare prices.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/sets.cfm?theme=590&sort=set_year&order=desc

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/amazon.cfm#Power Functions

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Power-Functions

i do agree with the posters who recommended to check shop.lego.com.  for some reason, lego's own onllne store usually has the lowest price (plus promos) but sometimes amazon has nice sales on PF items.