Able auctions Langley Vancouver, who was in on it?

Substored

Soo who got in on the Able Auction of lego from police recovery?

Loaded with a lot of GOOD sets. had this on my radar for a week or so but then checked the prices last night to prep and see which sets i wanted to bid on and how much but was shocked to see the eaqrly online bidding had already taken most of the sets close to if not same as ebay prices.. UGGH. did any one do this auction and get anything good for a decent price?

http://bid.ableauctions.ca/INDUSTRIAL-EQUIPMENT-VEHICLES-POLICE-RECOVERY-LEGO-AUCTION-LANGLEY-BC_as44683_p18

I was actually there for it, and i gotta say the internet destroyed alot of kids dreams of maybe getting a set under retail. R2's going for 550$ plus tax and buyers premium!

out of the maybe 150~ lots i think 20 went to people who were actually at the auction, this was a sad day for auctioneering. Props to the guy who got the 4 cases of minifigs for 800$ (4 cases of monster minifigs went for 1100$). There were a few sets where the auctioneer ignored the internet retardation and gave some sets away without internet bidders.

EVERYTHING WENT OVER RETAIL WTF MAN. Dear internet bidders if it was anyone on here who didnt preview the items, there were tons of damaged and broken seals on alot of those sets.

Are americans allowed to bid on able's site? i thought that might be the case bcs our dollar is in the tank right now...

Not saying it was the case in this particular auction, but allot of "private" auctions have no defence against shill bidding, and multiple fake on-line account used to hike the prices before the auction even starts, sometimes it's the auction house itself that plays the guilty party as well... ya gotta be careful & know you prices.

Later as they go down through the list of dead bids after the auction closes the only actual legit bid might be much much lower than what you had seen on-line.

I was at the auction in person. Lots of the lego was selling for Crazy prices in person to stupid people.. 

$250 for a TFA MF that you can get in stores right now for $179.. and there is 30% on top of that auction cost.. 

Madness..  I bought something that i think was a good deal.  Im a auction hunter for many things. and i go to all the local auctions. the lego was interesting.. but not the main draw because i knew people were going to go nuts for it. 

10 hours ago, dah_hunter said:

Madness..  I bought something that i think was a good deal.  Im a auction hunter for many things. and i go to all the local auctions. the lego was interesting.. but not the main draw because i knew people were going to go nuts for it. 

Yup, I do this at auctions.  Everyone is enamoured with the bling and glitter and other awesome stuff goes under the radar. 

Only auction items I've ever bid on were the 2015 Toronto Pan Am Games leftovers. They auctioned off everything from Couches to vehicles. Anyways i bid on a couple auctions of some of the big screen TV's, and most ended up going for $100-200 more than you could get any day at Bestbuy. And i never bothered to look at auctions again haha.