5005156 - Gingerbread Man

Brian Briggs

7 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Chicken man was the one-off. This would be a two-off.

You also have Darth Revan, Death Star, Trick or Treat, (Toy Shop) tech 2015 but I will still include.. The list just keeps on getting longer of re-releases. Don't forget they are redoing the Space Slug as a special give-a-way.

Sorry, should have clarified my 1st post I was talking about in general about LEGO rehashes not just CMF

Edited by Dark Helmet

You also have Darth Revan, Death Star, Trick or Treat, (Toy Shop) tech 2015 but I will still include.. The list just keeps on getting longer of re-releases. Don't forget they are redoing the Space Slug as a special give-a-way.

Sorry, should have clarified my 1st post I was talking about in general about LEGO rehashes not just CMF

All of these things are not the same.

Revan and Space Slug are excess inventory dumps, not remakes.

We still don't (I think) know what was up with ToT. I certainly never saw them anywhere, and as far as I know it was a BN.com only thing for a few minutes until BP jackals cleaned them out.

Gingy and CSG are certainly remakes of popular CMFs and a lazy/easy way to have a promo. If I had any remaining popular CMFs I'd be dumping (Bunny Suit, Bumble Bee, Brickasaurus etc).

Death Star and Toy Shop are true remakes as well, but logical to capitalize on consumer demand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After seeing the gingerbread man in person at a Lego store, the coloring looks different than the normal CFM gingerbread man. 

On 10/20/2016 at 7:02 PM, Sfcommando14 said:

We still don't (I think) know what was up with ToT. I certainly never saw them anywhere, and as far as I know it was a BN.com only thing for a few minutes until BP jackals cleaned them out.

Gingy and CSG are certainly remakes of popular CMFs and a lazy/easy way to have a promo. If I had any remaining popular CMFs I'd be dumping (Bunny Suit, Bumble Bee, Brickasaurus etc).

Death Star and Toy Shop are true remakes as well, but logical to capitalize on consumer demand.

Trick or treat was seen in Walmart and other stores. I picked up 4 of them at a Legoland Discovery center. 

40125 Santa's Visit resurfaced recently at Barnes and Noble though. 

On 15-12-2016 at 11:05 PM, Val-E said:

Sold out after 3 days and only one thread page here. Ching ching methinks.

I only just noticed this thing is not available anymore at the EU Lego S@H. I saw the A-Wing Pilot promo getting put up a few days ago, but assumed the GBM would still be available. Guess not. Looks like it's still available in the US for now.

The re-release barely seems to have affected the value of the original minifigure so far, but that was not a super high value figure to begin with. Around 10-12€ on bricklink.

I think Bunny Suit guy will be a completely different story. That one is valued at about 35€. Could be cut in half if we see it as the "Iconic Easter Bunny Suit Guy"!