What's happening with this site?!

Surge

I've submitted bug fixes and other suggestions since I joined 3 years ago. Never received a reply. 

When you click on Contact Us from certain pages the link doesn't work - you cannot enter anything in the form. That's one example. 

Another - the new VW Beetle has a $0 value in Brickpicker. Something also seems to be wrong with the values derived -as of the last few months the value of my Brickfolio drop every month. Maybe that's not a bug, but it's odd after years of continuous growth. 

1 hour ago, Surge said:

I think it's time to find another site...

Models are missing - like the 10252 VW Beetle,

the submit a comment is missing on some pages, or can't be filled out...

No one EVER replies to comments.

So the fact that I replied to you over an hour ago as I was about to drive home from work doesn't count.  Sorry I could not dig into the database at that time.  Yes, its time to find a new site because the contact us form doesn't work and a set is missing values.

It would be helpful if you tell me where the contact us form is not working.

13 minutes ago, Surge said:

Something also seems to be wrong with the values derived - as of the last few months the value of my Brickfolio drop every month. Maybe that's not a bug, but it's odd after years of continuous growth. 

Well yes, there might be a bug - but it also might be true.

• Like 6

There are now values for this set.  I am hoping this will satisfy your issues with the site at this time.  Sorry I was not faster. But to prove that I at least tried to reply when I could and would have looked into it when I got home.  Just wasn't fast enough before you had to ask the world for a new website.

2016-10-19_19-02-04.jpg

• Like 1

I took a really quick look at your brickfolio.  Looks like you went up 4% this month.  The Scooby-Doo and Nexo Knights themes are the ones killing you right now (by % growth that is).  I will look over those numbers to see what is going on there and find out if there are bad listings in them

update..
I checked the values, you only have one set in each, so its just hurting you percentage wise.  The values look normal.

Maybe Surge is mad the Blue Jays just got knocked out of the playoffs?  :console:

I'm also sure a lot of folks Brickfolios have gone down recently unless they have continued buying.  I think I've gone down 3 of the last 4 months.  At the same time, I haven't bought anything in a while either. 

Hang in there, be patient with the guys to let them answer questions.  This is nobody's day job. 

• Like 1

I, for one, appreciate everything the moderators do to keep this website up and running. I understand how time consuming running a website can be. It's not like it's a pay site. Just be aware for every complaint you get, there are many more members who really appreciate all you moderators do.

• Like 2

I've submitted bug fixes and other suggestions since I joined 3 years ago. Never received a reply. 
When you click on Contact Us from certain pages the link doesn't work - you cannot enter anything in the form. That's one example. 
Another - the new VW Beetle has a $0 value in Brickpicker. Something also seems to be wrong with the values derived -as of the last few months the value of my Brickfolio drop every month. Maybe that's not a bug, but it's odd after years of continuous growth. 

No offense, but in 3 years you have made 3 posts. Seems a little arrogant to judge a website that you don't seem to be a contributor to.
  • Like 2

I do think this is a fantastic site. Don't mean to just be negative.

I usually submit my comments directly to the owners/moderators -- no one has ever replied until now. So yeah, after no replies, I got annoyed.

Anyway, it is a great site. I love the Brickfolio and the reviews.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Maybe Surge is mad the Blue Jays just got knocked out of the playoffs?  :console:

I'm also sure a lot of folks Brickfolios have gone down recently unless they have continued buying.  I think I've gone down 3 of the last 4 months.  At the same time, I haven't bought anything in a while either. 

Hang in there, be patient with the guys to let them answer questions.  This is nobody's day job. 

Ok thanks. I had assumed there was a team that worked on this full time. I'm sure it brings in a good amount of revenue.

I think it foolish to expect risk based, speculative based investments to only go up.  My portfolio is fairly big and I have been mainly flat in appreciation this year.  Lots of head winds, that are a part of this game right now.  That is where breaking it down by theme matters, I have had some great growth in some themes, others quite negative.  Be warned november and December prices go down. Not up.  Supply and demand.  This site is fantastic and great thanks to all the ones that make it happen.  I don't comment much due to my profession at moment being so consuming. I also have barely added $6-7k this year.  Times have changed.