Jump to content

Facebook Marketplace


Recommended Posts

  • 11 months later...
49 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

those that sale on FB, do you list only to the Marketplace or also to your local Buy and Sell groups?

If you sell on the local groups, asking for more than retail brings on lots of nasty comments. At least around here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the dodgy characters that I've met when selling stuff face-to-face, most have been from FB. I just hate those that arrange to meet with cash and then don't bother turning up. I'd never have anybody that I don't know come to my house. I've put up small adverts at my local post office and made a few sales that way, by meeting them outside the post office which is only a 5min walk from me at a set time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

If you sell on the local groups, asking for more than retail brings on lots of nasty comments. At least around here. 

I mostly use it to sell my non movers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-LEGO question:

So I sold my kid's outdoor swing set about 3 weeks ago.  Lady showed up on Sat and paid $200 cash.  Came back on Sunday and disassembled it about 50% and left. No idea if she took any parts or not.

Now she ghosting me.  Won't answer texts or FB Messanger.

Wife wants it gone.  Neighbor complained to HOA about it being unsightly.  

How long do I have to wait before I relist, or haul to junk yard.  I just don't want Karen to demand a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

Non-LEGO question:

So I sold my kid's outdoor swing set about 3 weeks ago.  Lady showed up on Sat and paid $200 cash.  Came back on Sunday and disassembled it about 50% and left. No idea if she took any parts or not.

Now she ghosting me.  Won't answer texts or FB Messanger.

Wife wants it gone.  Neighbor complained to HOA about it being unsightly.  

How long do I have to wait before I relist, or haul to junk yard.  I just don't want Karen to demand a refund.

If they ghost you for a couple weeks, it's fair game to get rid of. I wouldn't sell it to anyone, but at least put it to the street corner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
[mention=5366]terrymc4677[/mention]
I saw your post on Facebook Marketplace last night. 
Then I just saw somoene cropped your response and started bitching about it on Reddit. (this post)
Congrats, your stash is assumed to be storage from a toy store.
As someone who enjoys trolling, and watching people ***** about it.... I applaud you. 
 

Terry is clearly the reason why people couldn’t get Steamrollers.
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread says "Facebook Marketplace" so here goes:

Saw a Razor Crest for $100 on a Lego group, so I say hey why not.

Made an offer for $90 shipped, and seller takes it.

Takes 10 days to finally receive it (guy sends me a First Class Mail tracking number), and arrives to me with memo from postman stating "Postage Due"

Open the box up and the inside is a used set.  I was careful (so I thought) and when I paid PayPal I noted in the memo "open box inner bags new and sealed".  

Long story short, I ask the seller whats up, and his response was verbatim: 

"It doesn't have to say used.  Use your common sense.  If it was new, I would have sold it at the $130 retail price"

Documented everything and filed a PayPal claim, but got it denied.  I was a little bit on a high with a string of nice Facebook Marketplace transactions, now not so much.

Thanks for letting me vent.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ichiroll said:

This thread says "Facebook Marketplace" so here goes:

Saw a Razor Crest for $100 on a Lego group, so I say hey why not.

Made an offer for $90 shipped, and seller takes it.

Takes 10 days to finally receive it (guy sends me a First Class Mail tracking number), and arrives to me with memo from postman stating "Postage Due"

Open the box up and the inside is a used set.  I was careful (so I thought) and when I paid PayPal I noted in the memo "open box inner bags new and sealed".  

Long story short, I ask the seller whats up, and his response was verbatim: 

"It doesn't have to say used.  Use your common sense.  If it was new, I would have sold it at the $130 retail price"

Documented everything and filed a PayPal claim, but got it denied.  I was a little bit on a high with a string of nice Facebook Marketplace transactions, now not so much.

Thanks for letting me vent.

 

I had a 2-month old eBay sale disputed via PayPal. Tracking showed delivered so I messaged the guy on eBay to see what's up. He said a whole bunch of claims had been filed but he didn't do it. That'd be a strange sort of fraud but, in any case, I included a screen shot of this exchange in my response to the PayPal claim. When they closed it, I lost the claim (guy got his money back). Thankfully, they absorbed it so nothing came out of my pocket but I still have an invalid mark against me. #notmyPaymentPal

Good to know what you type in the notes does jack. Thanks for sharing, and better luck in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

I had a 2-month old eBay sale disputed via PayPal. Tracking showed delivered so I messaged the guy on eBay to see what's up. He said a whole bunch of claims had been filed but he didn't do it. That'd be a strange sort of fraud but, in any case, I included a screen shot of this exchange in my response to the PayPal claim. When they closed it, I lost the claim (guy got his money back). Thankfully, they absorbed it so nothing came out of my pocket but I still have an invalid mark against me. #notmyPaymentPal

Yea, claim system is so flawed.  I was hoping Paypal would absorb it but no luck...

6 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Good to know what you type in the notes does jack. Thanks for sharing, and better luck in the future.

I know right.  Paypal actually told me that because I paid less than retail price for it, that my expectations should not have been for a new set.  I'm like, are you kidding me?  That's what the seller I dealt with said, lol.  Sounds like it's not the first time that guy pulled something like this off.

Found out this guy makes a habit of listing a new For Sale post every few days with same or similar stuff but items moved around in the photo.  He sold me through one listing that didn't state that it was opened, but in a post 3 days prior, it says "opened".  Guessing that's the post he forwarded to Paypal.

Lesson learned is to take a screenshot of the listing when transacting on FB, or better yet have them just send you an invoice.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

@terrymc4677

I saw your post on Facebook Marketplace last night. 

Then I just saw somoene cropped your response and started bitching about it on Reddit. (this post)

Congrats, your stash is assumed to be storage from a toy store.

As someone who enjoys trolling, and watching people ***** about it.... I applaud you. 

 

Lol...I never did hear back from the OP on how much they were willing to spend for one. I posted that while I was watching the end of the Arizona / Seattle game (excellent game btw) and right before I went to bed. I get up at 4am for work so I didn't see all of the replies but I appeared to cause quite a stir. I've got several private messages to sort through still. When I got up for work I noticed that my post and all of the corresponding replies were deleted by an admin. I'm not on Reddit so I'll need to join so I can read the responses. Some people truly are clueless. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...